Living alone after 53 years !

I feel for you don’t know what you are going through but I’m here for you and so is everyone on this site we are all in the same situation so we are here for you i know it’s hard but keep ur chin up you will get through this just think of the happy times and tell your family go to hell just look out for yourself god bless you and keep ur chin up Always here for you family are so hard to get on with thank you for sharing your story with us keep safe always Tony

Thank you so much x I needed that

Hi janebee How are you feeling today. Hope it’s a lot better think about ur self for a change and get ur life back on track think about ur self if ur family can’t deal with what’s happening tell them how you feel if they don’t like it that’s their problem here for you keep safe Tony

1 Like

Hi I am feeling much the same. So difficult with no one to share the sorrow with. At least we have each other on here to share with

1 Like

Hi any time you want to rant or get something of ur chest just come on here thinking of you god bless keep safe

1 Like

Thank you, same applies. Best wishes

Hope you feeling better today, family can be hard I haven’t heard from my sister or brother in 5 years since my stroke, not as if they live miles away brother only 5 miles from me hey his choice I’ve always said they never see me when alive but all come running when you’re dead, here for you if you need to talk mick

2 Likes

Hi that is really awful. I think I am finding it more difficult with the run up to Christmas, looks like I will be on my own this year. Fed up of all the cheery adverts with lots of people sat around tables

1 Like

Agree I feel physically sick at these Xmas ads, and they seem continuous this year, I try telling myself it’s two days and soon be as far away as ever,
The cold weather, and dull days don’t help, such a difficult time
Sending hugs x

2 Likes

I just wish it was all over. the week before Xmas all my clubs are closed and I will
be here alone without my David.

2 Likes

ThNks you take care, like me Xmas will be a nightmare but it’s only 2 days if it wasn’t for my stroke I’d be away somewhere warm here for you

2 Likes

It’s so cold my heating is on from 8/8 then warm bed room, the cold is making my legs ache feels like cramp and generally feel like I’m going to loose my balance god I really hate the cold as I get older, even showering is stressing as you have to get dry quickly not easy when out of breath

You need a chat with your GP x

You could phone 111 for advice, hope your soon ok

yesterday I found ny husbands socks in a drawer could not stop crying feel all alone

Welcome Alan to the group we didn’t ask to join

Thank you Jen for your kind words,i am getting on with it,but it’s so lonley without Anne,I’m very good now at putting on a false front ,it reminds me of of a line from the song tears of a clownthat goes “if there’s a smile upon my face,it’s only there trying to fool the public” I’m sure you will know it,once again thanks for your lovely letter best wishes to you Alan

I am reading this a few months after you wrote those very helpful words. A lot of what you advised chimes in with my thoughts. I only lost my wife last week so very early days for me but trying to guide myself rationally and positively I think you have confirmed to me a good approach. I could have written a similar list in my head. Thankyou.

Hello,I"m pretty lost after 53yrs.with dear wife &best friend.A totally unexpected shock of her passing end of Dec."22.in her sleep.Yes grief daily,hoping I’m doing things as we/she would like.Carry on as best and busying the mind.

Same here go see your Gp and get it sorted out