Living alone after 53 years !

It’s so cold my heating is on from 8/8 then warm bed room, the cold is making my legs ache feels like cramp and generally feel like I’m going to loose my balance god I really hate the cold as I get older, even showering is stressing as you have to get dry quickly not easy when out of breath

You need a chat with your GP x

You could phone 111 for advice, hope your soon ok

yesterday I found ny husbands socks in a drawer could not stop crying feel all alone

Welcome Alan to the group we didn’t ask to join

Thank you Jen for your kind words,i am getting on with it,but it’s so lonley without Anne,I’m very good now at putting on a false front ,it reminds me of of a line from the song tears of a clownthat goes “if there’s a smile upon my face,it’s only there trying to fool the public” I’m sure you will know it,once again thanks for your lovely letter best wishes to you Alan

I am reading this a few months after you wrote those very helpful words. A lot of what you advised chimes in with my thoughts. I only lost my wife last week so very early days for me but trying to guide myself rationally and positively I think you have confirmed to me a good approach. I could have written a similar list in my head. Thankyou.

Hello,I"m pretty lost after 53yrs.with dear wife &best friend.A totally unexpected shock of her passing end of Dec."22.in her sleep.Yes grief daily,hoping I’m doing things as we/she would like.Carry on as best and busying the mind.

Same here go see your Gp and get it sorted out

Yes that’s exactly how I feel too- my for and healthy husband died unexpectedly of sepsis last October after 51 years of marriage and like uou despite having children and grandchildren though a long way away I don’t see any future. I cry myself to sleep every night as i am so lonely. I 've just rejoined the forum as it did help to know others are feeling the same.

We all feel the same as you it doesn’t get any easier but we on here are here for you it’s a beautiful site u can say what you like we all understand it takes time but sometimes it’s hard for some people to understand what has happened to them it’s hard but keep your chin up and keep the faith god bless you We hear for you Tony