1st Anniversary

I am dreading the first anniversary of my lovely wife’s death. Everybody have been so kind and they are asking if I feel like going out to a Sunday lunch. I just feel overwhelmed and this Sunday will be hard enough for me to cope without all this fuss. I know that after caring for my wife for six years when she had incurable ovarian cancer that I did not do enough for her. All this fuss will bring it all back to me and I don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m just over 6 months and tbh, have no idea how I will feel come the 4th of August?

Bless your heart, I’m sure you did everything you could for your beautiful wife, I do at times replay that dreadful day in my head, my Martin was taken so quickly and so young (47) I ran around like a manic whilst on the call with 999. Did I do everything I could??!

I feel for all of us who have lost their reason for living, their soul mate, their other half.

That’s how I feel, one half missing. You remember this day as you want, don’t be forced into anything. I know I sound like a broken record, but unless you have been through this, you just don’t know…

Sending a hug x❤️

Thank you for you kind words, and so sorry about your loss also.

1 Like