1st Christmas

1st Christmas. Just awful.

2 Likes

Totally agree Sue, we seem as though we’re surrounded by the togetherness of others.
I hope you manage to get through it. We’ll just have to think of it as another day.
I just wish my husband didn’t have to go, but these things have no rhyme or reason.
Take care, you’re not alone xx

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more, this is the first Christmas for me without my Mum and I don’t feel Christmassy at all, my niece also has terminal cancer at 9 so this is likely to be her last Christmas. If it weren’t for my step-children and trying to take care of my sister I would like to curl up under a duvet and ignore the whole thing

4 Likes

I feel very alone. I have family but no one to share this. Wish I could walk out the door and just disappear. Take away the feeling. Be numb. If only.

2 Likes

How awful. When you feel desperate and have no where to turn you go on this site and there are people out there going through so much worse. I wish we could just hug. I miss the hugs.

2 Likes

I totally understand Sue, all I need sometimes recently is a Mummy Hug “that’s what we used to call it” it is amazing how much comfort can come from a hug
This site helps, talking to people who understand helps

1 Like

Hi, talking is good, but it will never take away most of the pain, we all know death is inevitable but dealing with it is so hard, I wish I had a magic button or tablet, that could stop all this hurt, but sadly I haven’t, to all I wish the best.
Take care.x

6 Likes

This is my first Christmas without hubby, we both loved this time of year. His mum, son and girlfriend are coming for Christmas and to be honest I’m dreading it.
I think in the new year I need to be stronger and say NO!! more often. I know they think they are being helpful but to be together like every year past will destroy me, knowing Martin is missing. They try to carry on as though things are normal but it’s not normal any more.

Also I’m bit annoyed that at the time when they suggested they come for Christmas, I was told I wouldn’t have to do anything……… but the shopping has been left to me, food decisions etc. When really I couldn’t care less

Rant over

Hugs everyone
Dee xxx

1 Like

As others have said it’s just another day . But what you can do is . Like I will be doing treat it as his day . Think of all the good times. Dedicate it to him. This is my seventh Xmas. No celebration because I’ve lost family members. Like you my tears have never stopped & never will . This time last year my beautiful girl had op for pancreatic cancer & I really thought it would be a family Xmas this year as we’d been apart for the last 6 . Do what you can sending love & hugs xx

1 Like

It really is. First Christmas without my mum. I feel a huge hole in my life. I’m trying so hard to be happy and all that stuff that goes with Christmas but it’s so hard. I miss her so much

1 Like