2 months since my Mum passed

My mum suddenly passed away 2 months ago with a very short battle with cancer (she only found out a week before she passed). She was my best friend and I feel a bit lost without her. I’m only 27 and this is the first big loss I’ve ever had in my life. I still go to call her every day and then I remember I can’t. I’m just not too sure how to cope if I’m honest. I went back to work a week or two ago but I have no motivation to do much let alone go to work

3 Likes

Hi I lost my mum last year in November. Losing a parent at any age is hard, And everything you have said is all too familiar. I feel lost and finding it hard to cope. There doesn’t seem to be a one size fits all with it.

Any loss is hard no matter what. Everything your feeling is quite normal. Having suppport from friends and family may help. To ease the burden or you could try counselling. I have used Cruse and they have been helpful.

The only thing I can say is it’s an individual process for everyone. It’s hard to look after yourself when you have been hit with a loss like yourself. I know that all too well. It’s a case of do what you can and reach out and let people know how your feeling.

Your in the right place so that’s a start take care much love :heart: Mark

1 Like

Hi Bella

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum 3 months ago and we very close, definitely my best friend.

It is still very early days. Practical suggestions I can think of - check in with your doctor and make sure they know how you feel both physically and emotionally, and get any support you can.

Is there any chance you take some time off work for a little while or flexible work? I am lucky i work from home for a very supportive company and had 7 weeks at first. For the first few weeks back I only did 3 days. The last couple of weeks I did Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri, just having that midweek day off made it more manageable. This week I am trying a full week but my director said just take it at my pace and if I need to take time out to rest to do so.

I also find posting here very useful and you can let it all out with no judgement and know other people will understand.

Beki x

1 Like