2 year anniversary

Its coming up to my dads birthday and the 2nd year of his death. He died suddenly i didnt get to say goodbye :pensive: it just does not get any easier. I suffer with despression and anxiety aswel and i struggle to cope with life in general . I no its a normal part of life … dying but its just not fair and i dont think i will ever be ok with it.
How can you. You spend your whole life with these special people who love you and have raised you and then one day they are gone and your just expected to carry on.
I no this sounds selfish but why my dad?
Why did my dad have to die :pensive:

3 Likes

Hi SensitiveHeart

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Anniversaries and other occasions can feel really hard when someone we love has died. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also find our article on coping with death anniversaries a help: Remembering a loved one: death anniversary | Sue Ryder

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Rhi

1 Like

Hi Sensitive heart,
I feel exactly as you do and always ask why my mum. I could honesty scream because she was so gentle,kind and caring.Everyone loved her.
Struggling with anxiety and depression I feel is normal going through grief.We are bound to feel like we do. I know I feel depressed and sad and miserable all the time.I have just learnt to hide my feelings as people don’t understand or care to be honest. I try to survive each day. Setting small targets or goals for each day helps me. Just making a list of things to do helps me to focus.
I have found this site wonderful.People really understand and I honestly don’t feel on my own.I know there is always someone there and the replies have helped me so much. This site is a place where I can vent,chat,share my feelings and worries and gain valuable friendships.Keep posting as you will find the same.
Thinking of you
Deborah x

1 Like

Thank you so much for reply.
It is honestly the worst feeling in the world isnt it. One of the hardest things for me is to say outloud or to family that i miss my dad. Its like everyone has forgotten or dont no what to say back.
Its coming up to my daughters 2nd birthday and then my dads birthday few days after then the anniversary of his death in november. I can already feel it in my stomach its like a dull ache and it dosent go away. I feel guilty on my daughter because suppose to be happy for her birthday but then i remember my dad wont be here to celebrate and it breaks my heart. My youngest was only 6 weeks old when he died so she will never no him and he will never no her and it kills me. Also knowing he will never be there for other big events in life like my wedding he wont be there to give me away and i think no matter how long it is i will never be ok with it. X

Aww Sensitiveheart
I am thinking of you. My mums 1st anniversary of her death is dec 30th and i am dreading it also.
Your little girl is your world now so plough all your energy into her because she will save you from all this awful grief
Deborah x

1 Like