6 month anniversary

I have not posted on here for a while. I have decided to move house as living so close to my mums and not seeing her each day even just a wave from her kitchen window is just a constant reminder that she is not here. My son and I will have a fresh start but we will still have our own memories with her where we are.
Today it’s been 6 months since our world crashed down on us when we lost her and I have to say it doesn’t feel like it’s getting better as miss her so much. I even went to feed the birds this morning which is something she loved doing. Hoping that the fresh start will help us move forward as my son is even struggling with it now as he was his nanas side kick. I talk to her every day as moving house is too stressful and she would be the one I would turn to for advice or even to have a moan. I don’t know where the time has gone but life is not the same without her :cry:

3 Likes

Hi Valda Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: Anniversaries and other significant dates can really hurt, and I wanted to share our resource on this Remembering a loved one: death anniversary | Sue Ryder in case it’s a help to you. It’s lovely that you went to feed the birds as a way to remember your mum, and I hope it bought you some comfort.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Rhi

1 Like

Hi Valda, you’re one month ahead of me, it has been 5 months now for me since the death of my Mum…:cry: I know exactly what you mean, the loss is just as sharp however much time passes. It’s completely understandable that you’ve decided to move. At least you won’t have the constant visual reminders of your loss. I’m still trying to sell my Mum’s house and have to go and make regular checks, do the garden etc. It’s so hard, each visit makes me so aware of her absence. Plus, I am still dealing with the correspondence in the aftermath of Mum’s death. Each letter or email is a brutal reminder of my loss. I know this time will pass but it makes the grief so hard to bear. Best wishes with your move and a fresh start, even though your grief will still be there, it should hopefully be easier for you…xx

2 Likes

@Rosiepink thanks for your reply. I have been keeping busy packing things up but the closer to the date it got the worse I was feeling, it’s like I have been hit by a brick. I have sobbed all day as I just want my mum back or to hear one of her voicemails telling me why she missed my call I just miss her so much and my son is even finding it difficult. I avoid going past her house as she won’t be there waving from the kitchen window. The aftermath of dealing with their final affairs is as you say another reminder that they are not here. I hope this journey will get easier once we move and hopefully the same for you to xx

1 Like

Hi everyone
I lost my dad 7 months ago today. The 6 month mark was totally distressing and overwhelming. I finally gave in to GP and started antidepressants. My emotions are numb. Not how I want to feel but I need to try and move forward as I’m still off work all this time later. Time goes sooo fast but it seems like forever since I last saw dad.
I hope the move to your new home brings comfort and happiness Valda. I visit mum every day but the house still feels strange with dad not being there. Grieving is so much more difficult than I could possibly imagine.
Sending love to all :two_hearts:

3 Likes

@Lynne06 I know how you feel I always thought by this stage to I would be in a better head space but I am not. I still had a cry on odd days but leading up to her anniversary I am a mess as just miss her so much which is why I am back to posting on here. I am the same, doctor has been great as knew my mum I don’t like being on tablets but I am emotionally and physically exhausted and the sleep helps me. My mum loved feeding the birds it was her and my sons thing when he was young and looked after him when I was at work he made a bird feeder so when we move going to put it up and he said it will remind him of their happy time. This grief is just awful I feel like I have taken 10 steps back this week alone. Thinking of you to at this difficult time :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks valda
I have been less emotional since starting my meditation but still suffering with insomnia which is holding me back. I was advised to persevere.
That’s lovely you and your son have made a bird feeder. I’m sure he will feel close to your mum when feeding the birds, if that was their special thing together. I wish you both health and happiness in your new home. I’m sure you are doing the right thing and you are gonnae be busy for the foreseeable future.
I need to get back on track and get back to swimming. Which I had been enjoying for several weeks. When it hit 6 months I turned back into my shell :face_holding_back_tears: like a recluse.
All the best xx

1 Like