6 Months Today

I lost the love of my life 6 months ago today. He left for work as usual early morning, I spoke to him a few hours later and I didn’t know at the time but he collapsed with a blood clot in his heart a few minutes later. He was the most loving, affectionate man I had ever known. We had only been together 3.5 years and married for a year and a half I thought my life was just beginning. Now it is at an end. I will never hold his hand, hear his voice, see his lovely smiling face again. He was my soulmate, my support, my best friend and I am lost without him. How can I ever look forward to anything again. Existence is just a necessity. I hang on for my daughter but it’s a struggle. It still does not seem real.
I will not post often on here but had to air my feelings today.
Thinking of all the lovely folks on here

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. It’s 4 months today for me, and like you I feel lost without Alan. He was my world and I miss him so much. A day hasn’t gone by that I haven’t cried and it’s not getting any easier.
Take care.

My husband died suddenly too and we still don’t know why. Like you said, it is just an existence - an existence for our kids. I still can’t and don’t want to believe that I will never hold his hand or feel his touch again. It is the worst type of torture. Sending hugs

@Laneyb Hugs and special wishes to you. I am 6 months this month too. My partner died suddenly, and the pain is still very raw. Xx

I really appreciate your kind words. This site has such understanding people. My thoughts are with you and wishing you strength to get through this traumatic time in your lives.