6 weeks today

Worst day of my life , six weeks ago today my partner in crime of overc50 years passed away from that godawfull killer Cancer!!
Every day since has felt like an endless misery, empty house, empty bed, empty chairs opposite me when i eat, no one to share a giggle with over some silly tv programme. All seems so pointless, i feel empty hollow, permanently sad, not sure what to do, everywhere i go i rember going with her but not anymore.
I have lookeed after and nursed her for over six months, but particularly the last two upbto her death on Saturday 13th May… ironically EXACTLY six months to the day before my 70th birthday, and now shes gone i can do anything i want, whenever i want, but just dont want to as doing anything on my own just doesnt hold any interest,
Everywhere i look, everything in the house was chosen and bought between us, cant even look in her wardrobes, i just feel desolate.

5 Likes

I lost my husband 6 weeks ago on the 14th May i know how you feel every thing is pointless it comes in waves i scream and shout and feel unhappy all the time just take one day at a time just take care

4 Likes

Thanks you so much, and so sorry for your loss as i know just how devastated you feel.
I guess it is a real gradual process, or so people keep telling me, but its the finality of it that keeps hitting me, in 53 years i nevercwent morecthan a weeknwithoutvspeaking, even when we where apart in differentvcities back inthe early 70’s we would rinveach other at public phone boxes, when i workedcabroad occasionally there was always a phone call, but SIX weeks now…

2 Likes

I know we had just had our 50th wedding anniversary i miss him so much he was my best friend i am so lost but i go for walks when i feel sad it does work

3 Likes

I feel the same, we had recently moved into our retirement home from a big house but it needs a lot of work.We had only just finished the living room when he died suddenly with no warning at all, he didn’t even get to sit on the new sofa and now I don’t care what our house looks like because there is nobody to enjoy it with now, igo into my husbands wardrobes and drawers and wear his Pjs and t-shirts his jackets and shoes are still on the coat rack in the hall and I can’t even take his toothbrush out of the bathroom, I miss him so much, I hate coming home to an empty house so it’s easier if I don’t go out some days though my family and friends make sure I do go out, if there is anyone either friends or family u could talk to then please do reach out to them :heart:

2 Likes

So sorry for yr grief…I too have just lost my hubby to Cancer…buried him.on Valentine’s Day (our fav day) I feel I can no.longer go on without him.
He was my Soul partner…We did everything together since I was 16 & it was a nightmare to be told he was terminal…Everywhere I turn in the garden he loved we did together his fav place to sit…his fav plants…places the grandkids played brings back so many memories…I’m at a loss so I know exactly how you feel… xx

4 Likes

Trish,
I only joined this site today as an add for Sue Ryder popped up on my facebook.
Im sort of shocked just how many others are going through what i am currently experiencing, have been left as recently as i have and are as devastated as i am, i thought it was just me!
The things you describe fit me perfectly, Mar’s only retired in 2019 having had to work until 65 and a half, (she missed retiring at 60 by two months!!) We had an extension built in the house as we had planned, and then had plans for our first cruise booked in 2020, along with a road trip through Europe, but those plans where scuppered by Covid!, just as we where about to resume our long awaited trips Mar’s was diagnosed with kidney Cancer in September 2021, we where told the operation to remove it had been unsuccessful in January 2022, and that she had terminal cancer!
We both felt that we had been cheated out of our long planned for retirement, and frankly now I struggle to get pleasure from much apart from my son and granddaughter. I am taking some comfort from hearing thstvi am not alone, and talking about it certainly helps.
Thanks for your support, and i truly am sorry to hear how badly your recent loss is affecting you, as everyone says, day at a time…

3 Likes

My husband died of septic shock the hospital left him to long before seeing him its an absolute shock i hate sundays because thats the say he died im so angry and sad all the time you take care of yourself it is ok to ask for help i find this group very comfating

3 Likes

I know exactly how you feel its 4 weeks today for me My wife,s send off was on the 21st June as expected it is now even more difficult. We had 47 great years but wanted more. We have children and grandchildren and good friends but it does not dampen the pain.This site does help you realise there are many others in the same boat

3 Likes

I also lost my husband on the 14th May , each day seems to be getting harder, he was only 63 and I would say extremely fit, so to lose him so suddenly was like a bolt out of the blue, I just feel like I am existing now and getting through each day as best as I can, I can’t see a light at the end of this long dark tunnel, maybe this is my life now until we are reunited :broken_heart: big hugs to you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that rac, were in a club that no one wants to join, days seem pointless, went for a long walk along the canal this morning, beautiful as ever, but just made me sad, first time ive ever walked it on my own, everything i do feels empty. But as you say, dont feel quite so alone using this forum.
Take care

1 Like

So sorry for you steffers, its bloody awful being bereaved, not sure which is worse, losing someone who appeared fit and healthy so suddenly, or watching cancer slowly eat someone up from the inside, and all the pain she went through as a result.
As i said earlier, its a club that no one wants to join.
My deepest condolences to you.

2 Likes

We used to do long distance walks and loved them now like you just sadness when i try.It really is one day at a time sometimes 1 hour at a time ,this raw pain will eventually settle to some degree but it really is difficult.Love and best wishes to all on this awful trip we are all on

2 Likes