7 weeks after losing Mum

It’s been 7 weeks since my Mum died. I watched her for over 2 months slowly die from liver failure. Feel suffocated as haven’t had anytime to myself. Funeral planning, probate, my teenage daughters activities, friends wedding etc etc. I don’t know how I feel about anything anymore.

1 Like

Dear @Claireingrief

Welcome to the Community, I apologise for the delay in replying to you.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. You are in the early stages of grief and sadly it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions. There will be good days and bad days.

Sue Ryder has a Grief Self-Help Service that helps you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

Sue Ryder also has useful information on Losing a Parent and contains support information which may be of help to you.

You are not alone, please continue to reach out.

Take care.

Pepsi

I can relate. Lost my Mum suddenly 6 weeks ago. I arranged funeral as Dad was lost. Been running around for weeks. Trying to look after Dad but struggling now as had no me time. Expected back at work soon but honestly cannot be bothered. Miss her so much and nothing else matters.

Oh my goodness, I’ve just read your post and I know exactly how you are feeling.
I lost my Mom 3 weeks ago. I just feel total numbness. I have been running around just sorting everything and everyone else out and I have no idea how I am really feeling.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my mam slowly iver the course of 2 months to liver failure. It was a very traumatic death to see and I think it may have left me with PTSD. I fullly understand. When the lives fails it just seems to creep up on you doesnt it :frowning: here if you want to talk to someone going through the same.

I lost my mum 9 weeks ago after caring for her for the last 7 months,I knew it was coming but boy does it hurt,today I’m struggling really badly.I message her phone,smell her clothes and talk to her.I feel like everyone else is carrying on like normal except me.Going into a New Year hurts too as I wanted to stay in last year when my mum was still here if you understand what I mean xxx