8 weeks in

Having real tearful days , unrelenting sadness engulfing me!
Sleep is elusive so tired , yet I am not able to quieten the heart and head ,
Feel so alone with myself , family try bless them , they are not my husband!
8 weeks tomorrow!
Still seems unreal that he has gone! Seeing other people going on with their lives, whilst I am stuck in this miserable :sob: time!
X

3 Likes

Hello, my heart goes out to you. I know the pain, sadness and how unrelenting it is and those early weeks are like a nightmare. Things do get easier, never goes away but we wonā€™t want to lose our special loved person. Take extra care of yourself. S xx

1 Like

Thank you x

I can so relate to that feeling of unrealness and disbelief @j.mstone.

Iā€™m a bit ahead of you on this hard road- 14 weeks for me - but, yes, the tears are never very far away and the most ridiculous things can open the floodgates (lamb chops in Marks and Spencerā€™s food Hall last week! - donā€™t ask).

It is still early days for us jm, and the folk whoā€™ve been here before us all say the same thing - it takes time to adjust.

I find that keeping busy, both physically and mentally, helps.

I suppose itā€™s a form of diversional therapy - a way of focusing on something else other than the huge, huge loss.

Iā€™ve started writing myself a list every Sunday, of things I want to have done by the end of the week.
Nothing earth shattering - just the minutiae of lifeā€™s admin.
It helps to give me a purpose, otherwise I find myself wandering aimlessly from room to room wondering why I came in here.

You are so right when you say other people are not your husband.
No theyā€™re not and theyā€™re not mine either jm.

Hang on in there.

We will adjust - because we have to.

Sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

I thank you for your kindness, some days I think I should return to work! Then other times I am glad I am signed off! This has to be the hardest thing I have ever faced! There is no running away is there!
My thoughts to you and your journey xx

No @j.mstone, there is no running away otherwise weā€™d all be queuing to get on that bus!

Regarding going back to work, I would take your time, particularly if your employer is not very sympathetic and understanding.

From their point of view, it can be easier to manage an employee who isnā€™t there at all rather than one who sometimes is but sometimes isnā€™t , depending on how they feel on the day.

Be kind to yourself.
Xxx

1 Like

Thank you for the advice , xx

You have given yourself good advice, try & keep busy, regardless how mundane the task.
I look at the dust under the TV - but why worry - it will still be there tomorrow, Saturday ,maybe even next Thursday!
Housework is less important now.

G. X

2 Likes

I have to ask ?
Why lamb chops ? Xx

I hate lamb chops @j.mstone but my lovely husband loved them.
He was a real carnivore and would gnaw happily on a chop bone until it was stripped bare.
I caught sight of the chops in M and S and just fleetingly thought, thereā€™s something else Iā€™ll never buy againā€¦because heā€™s not hereā€¦and then the tears started.

1 Like

Oh bless you!
Thank you for telling me xx

I find going shopping is still upsetting, I rush pass the items I would buy for Ian but they seem to be everywhere!

Recently our youngest grandchild was asked which flavour of crisps she wanted - her answer was - granddadā€™s! She used to ā€œsampleā€ off his plate & he would pretend to be annoyed.
A simple but lovely memory.

G. X

1 Like

Itā€™s great that the grandchild keeps the memories alive , that is always my fear that I will never forget my dear departed husband, and I do not want others to forget him xx

1 Like

Hi, hello,
Iā€™ts 16 months since my hubby passed & I still at times find in unreal.
My head knows he isnā€™t coming back but I find myself expecting him to be coming back from walking the dog or tidying the garden, thinking I must tell him this or that.
Things do get easier - but the ā€œmomentsā€ hit randomly - even having to pull in while driving.
Grandchildren are a bonus - without your hubby, they wouldnā€™t be here :heart:

G. X

2 Likes