A bad night

Having a bad night tonight. 3 weeks tomorrow since my mum unexpectedly passed away and funeral on Thursday. Just can’t believe I’m not going to see her again. Just need to get through the next few days and worry about the rest after that.

2 Likes

Hi @RachelM. It is 3 weeks on Thursday since I lost my mum so we are in the same place pretty much. We don’t have the funeral until 24th which seems a long time to wait still. Do you have support around you?

1 Like

Hi @Galaxy. Thank you for responding. I am sorry for your loss as well. Like you say, both within a day of each other.
Thankfully I have a very supportive family and my dad is staying with us for a few months, which I’m pleased about.
I hope that you have good support too? It is an awful wait isn’t it - I’m sorry you have a little longer as the wait I have found is very difficult. It is probably worse tonight getting close to the funeral but I’m not sure about you but I just get sudden waves where it hits me that I’m not going to see my mum again. Thank you again x

I’m sorry for your loss Rachel
I’m 8 months down since loosing my dad, tonight’s a tough one. Sending you so much love and support :heart:

1 Like

Hi @ExperiencingLife, thank you for responding.
I am sorry for your loss and our shared sadness.
This is why I’ve found this forum so helpful. At the most difficult times, often when everyone is asleep, you can still share your feelings if you are suffering. I hope that we can all get a little sleep soon now that we have been able to share. Sending love and support to you too. Thank you :heart: x

1 Like

@RachelM I’m glad to hear you have your dad with you. I have my stepdad but he’s not very good with emotional stuff at all so it’s not easy to get support/support him. I lost my sister in June too so it’s been a really hard year. I really hope you can get through the funeral OK. We have been to see the priest today to finalise things.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Rachel, I agree!

I know Thursday will be an especially difficult day for you, so I will say a little prayer for you and your loved ones. Be strong. Hold your own. Remember, your mum now walks beside you. Though you may not see her, you will feel her in times of need so call upon her for strength and guidance. Wishing you a peaceful and gentle night!

Lots of love :heart: xx

2 Likes

@Galaxy. This sounds to have been a really tough year for you - so sorry to hear that. Some people don’t do the sharing emotions part very well do they.
I’m not sure if you found this but I found it comforting talking to the father doing the service.
I’m sure we will both (and others in this shared position) be needing all the support and inner strength to get through our respective funerals. I will be thinking about you x

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear about your losses. I really hope you have a strong community of support and love surrounding you. Sending you lots of love :heart:

2 Likes

@ExperiencingLife. Thank you for your lovely and supportive words. I feel better for having a chat on here (and will hopefully get some sleep now). I hope the same for you too.
Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers as I will you and others going through these difficult times. :heart: x

1 Like