a helpful video for widows - ers

4 Likes

I do not know if it o.k. to post videos but this from the University of California television studio and it is a good, sound video.

3 Likes

Hi @berit, I’ve just sat and watched the video you posted, thank you. I could relate to everything she said, it was very interesting and helpful.
I hope others watch it too, Natasha Josefowitz having experienced lost too knows what she is talking about and made some very interesting points, it also made me smile at times some of the things she said.
Going onto Amazon now to find her book - Living with out the one you cannot live without.
Thank you again
Debbie X

2 Likes

@berit @Debbie57
I’ve just watched this and cried. Oh my goodness to hear someone express how you are feeling is so kind. I was having a bad day but this has given me thought. Yes my dear Mike has gone in a physical sense but he lives in my heart :heart: I will now remember that every morning when I wake up. We are still a team but in one place rather than two & that makes me feel stronger.
Thank you for sharing this, I too will go look for the book
Jen x

2 Likes

@berit and @Jen64 , I’ve been on Amazon and ordered her book, due to arrive on Saturday.
Debbie X

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. Just watched it and it was really good. Hearing someone describe how you are feeling and that it is all part of the grieving process is reassuring x

2 Likes

I am so glad. I liked her too … this is not my loss but I hoped it would help.

1 Like

Thank you @berit.
What a fascinating speaker.
I really enjoyed listening to her and found myself nodding along at some of her comments.

1 Like

Wow, thank you, I lost my wife in February and she’s described so much that chimes with me. I defo feel that my amazing friends treat me like a ‘Should’ and the fear of going to a party alone just seems wrong. It’s a great watch.

2 Likes

I have her book now, it’s full of wonderful poems that resonates on every aspect of grief. She can certainly express in words how many of us are feeling. X

1 Like

glad! I liked her a lot.

1 Like

Just watched the video Berit. Amazingly helpful! Everything Natasha said resonated with me and left me feeling more hopeful for the future. Thank you for posting it. I’m off to Amazon to buy the book now.

Emeexx

2 Likes

gee I wish I could tell her! :slight_smile:

1 Like