A SAD DAY TODAY

Yes, I would definitely go through the wonderful time that I had with my soulmate even though the pain is unbearable.

Oh dear,
Well Sammy and I were an army of 2. Any obstacles that were put in front of us we fought together, United in our aims. Also me being a man it’s expected to of me to be strong and forthright.
Well b*****cks to that… I wear my heart on my sleeve and I’m happy to boo my eyes out at the drop of a hat.
The 1 regret I do have is that I broke my promise to her. And I never break my promises never. I promised that I would catch my Sammy no matter what the cost to me. But I couldn’t stop her leaving me and going to heaven. So I broke the one promise I absolutely believed in.
Your not alone on here lovey. Prayers for you

1 Like

I understand that you feel you broke your promise. I keep asking myself whether I should have noticed something that could have stopped the sudden death of my husband. Or did it link back to COVID that I caught at work and passed on to him. I can’t help feeling that I failed to keep him safe, even though I tried. I think that no matter how much you promised and how much I tried, a greater force was at work and ultimately, we couldn’t do what we desperately would have wanted to do. I know for a fact that he knew he was completely loved and that is all I can hold on to.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree, Sammy knew she was loved and I told her every single day. I didn’t care if I was in a supermarket I would tell her I love her.
If we can hold on to a tiny crumb of comfort then use both hands and do not let go. Because if people have not experienced this total submergance into darkness they will not grasp the silence of sorrow. Whether there is family or friends. When we sit on our own in the gloom we always ask WHY?

1 Like

I too, told my husband that I loved him - many times a day. And it wasn’t just words. I know I kissed him on the evening he went out for his run. I just wish I could have a two way conversation with him now. It hurts so much, getting up on another sunny day and having to ‘get through it’ without him. Sending hugs

Dear Jules4

It is just so heartbreaking. I too wish I could have a conversation with my husband. The sunny days actually bring more heartbreak as more people are out and about. I take grandson’s out to park or the eldest can now play in our garden but I constantly think that my husband should be here sharing all the joy.

Instead I am making arrangements to scatter his ashes. How can this now be happening, I really do not have any answers to anything anymore.

Take care.

1 Like

I know, how can good, family men be taken so suddenly when they had so much good to do? I really don’t get life any more. Why did we work so hard? Why did we do everything we could to protect our children when they now have to go through this? Why do so many people have to endure this pain when they were just trying to do good in the world?

2 Likes