A Sunny Day

Today, after a very hectic week, I went with my daughter to Keef’s burial site to take part in a wreath activity. It’s been 9 months today since I lost him but I still miss him every day. It was good to go back to the place where his body is, haven’t been there since the funeral thing in March, particularly since the weather was really good. It did bring everything back to a kind of reality but it was good in a strange way. It enable me to think, despite the tears, objectively about everything and had some sort of closer. I know he’s not there, mainly because it feels like he’s here all of the time, but it was so good to see the beautiful peaceful place we decided he should be.

4 Likes

Hi @Guineapig65 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Hi @Guineapig65, I think having somewhere to go is such a comfort to some. Lee will have some of his ashes buried next month and the rest remain with me so that there is somewhere for others to visit. He will literally be a stone throw from my dad which is odd but also a comfort the 2 most important men in my life side by side and one day I’ll be there too along with my mam :broken_heart: xx

1 Like

When I purchased his plot I paid for a double one so that, eventually, I will be there next to him.

1 Like

It’s is an odd feeling, I have always been so scared of death and now I feel that if as I believe there is an afterlife he will be waiting for me and if not at least my body will be at rest with his :heart: sometimes I wish I wasn’t so young as I could god willing have years but then that is selfish when Lee would have loved to have the chance I have to live a life x

1 Like

Keef, being druid/pagan, believed in reincarnation so not sure what that means for me!

1 Like