A year today

Today it will be a year since my Dad passed away I honestly do not know how I have gotten through it. I am dreading Christmas again and I will be on my own this year last year I had my Mum until she passed away in January. Today I feel numb and I can’t function. Still living in the area where Mum and Dad lived has been very hard for me which has not helped it has made my grieving worse. The coming weeks are going to be very difficult the verbal abuse I suffered from my former sisters when Mum and Dad passed is still causing me trauma. I just needed to write this down today.

Sending you gentle thoughts, @kate88. Anniversaries can be so hard and I think many members will relate to some of what you’re going through.

When you feel ready, you might want to consider exploring bereavement counselling to help you with your grief. We offer free online bereavement counselling which is held via video chat. Cruse also offer free bereavement counselling, as well as live chat - you can find out more on their website.

Keep reaching out - take care,

Seaneen