Abandoned Posts

It’s tough. Your loved one is kept alive in your thoughts, your memories, your love. They never really leave us cos love doesn’t die. Xx

1 Like

I often wish that Brian had a religion. He was an Atheist who believed that we are all specks in the universe. I am a Catholic so believe there is an afterlife. Xx

1 Like

I’ve just arrived at my hotel for a 3 night break in Edinburgh. I came by train and I have a long list of things I intend to do. My wife died 12 weeks ago although I’ve known she was dying for four years. During the period of her illness she continually reiterated the mantra that I should make the most of whatever time I have left and that I have everything I need to get on and do that. We came to Edinburgh several times and it was always special for us. Each of my children has told me that she asked them to keep badgering away at me to do all those things I said I would like to do one day. This is one small step and it still feels an enormous challenge but I’m going to do it. I suddenly feel very lonely and I need to find somewhere to eat on my own. Tomorrow and Thursday will be mainly galleries and museums. Any visit with my wife would be cut short when she’d had enough after half an hour. I hope to be distracted for periods of time. The thing with grief is it’s very portable, although it can get heavier sometimes. Edinburgh will be full of memories but so is home and the town in which I live so I’ve decided that it isn’t going to be any harder here. I have booked another 3 night break in 3 weeks time. I just keep telling myself that this is what my wife would have expected of me.

2 Likes

Thinking of you and hoping that you find some solace during your break…your wife would be very proud of you and I am sure you will feel her continuing love whilst you are away. take care x

Well done…it’s hard to face things alone and no doubt your break will have a mix of emotions. But you’ve faced it and are in Edinburgh. Your wife would be pleased your’e there…hope the break will be a positive experience for you.

1 Like

She will be happy and proud of you …and I’m sure in some way she is experiencing it with you …

Take care
Love Michelle

1 Like

Hi Anne Mary. Well as humans we all have choices and the different life experiences we have result in many viewpoints. Personally I would take comfort in the personal faith that you have. God loves all of us never mind who we are.

1 Like

It would be nice to think she is with me. I’ve got her photo in my shirt pocket and her scarf to wear, although it’s not cold enough. Although I’m not religious in any way I’m still open to the fact that her spirit may live on, albeit in my memory and in my heart.

Thank you. I decided to call him Buz Lightyear. He had a bit of look of him! I now imagine him flitting from planet to planet To infinity and beyond x

Hi Anne Mary I’m a Catholic too and my hubby is a Brian also he passed in March this year suddenly at 59,I believe in afterlife,have done for a very long time,lost my parents years ago and a brother,and since losing my Brian,I have had so many signs and unexplainable things I’ve seen ,has strengthened my beliefs,I believe we all go after regardless of having a Faith or none at all,yes we are all the same,special and loved,also I’ve always thought there would be no point at all being on earth spinning around in the universe if there was nothing at all afterwards,just my beliefs,everyone to their own thoughts,I do respect others opinions x