Absolutely Heartbroken

My wonderful husband who I have been with for 27 years, sadly passed away suddenly, on the 26th of June. I have found comfort reading your posts but have only now found the courage to do so myself. Although my husband Wynf, was a good few years older than me, he was so fit. He walked our dog Bella twice a day and played competitive squash, twice a week. Sadly, he had a stroke and I found him when I come home from school. We had hope, but sadly, he had another stroke whilst in hospital. I have the most wonderful family and friends, and my school have been amazing, so I am very lucky in that respect. However, I walk into our home, and I feel so alone as he was my soulmate. I have our beautiful labrador Bella, and she certainly helps I was retiring in September, but am now returning part time, so I will have some structure in my life. I have to be honest, I have felt so much worse after the funeral, as reality has set in. I will never get over my darling man and I will love him forever. I just want to ask you, does it get easier over time, as at this moment, I can never see it happening. Sorry for rambling on, and thank you for listening Enud xx

1 Like

@Enud so sorry for your loss, don’t ever apologise your deffiantly not rambling bless you. I lost my beloved Mam 7 weeks ago, I was her full time carer aswell so absolutely lost. I miss her so very much, I carnt believe still that she’s gone :broken_heart: Grief is the worse pain well ever feel, so many different feelings isn’t there. It’s still early days for us both, we just have to take one day at a time. I feel sometimes like people think aww she not over it yet… il never be the same person again :sleepy: always here for a chat you keep strong your husband would be proud of you

2 Likes

Dear @Enud, I am so sorry for your sudden loss. I lost my husband on the 25th June so have a good idea how you are feeling. It’s good to let feelings out and everyone here has been through the grief process and will be able to offer some wise words. I don’t have any support from family just a few friends, and I retired a few years ago to care for Mike so the loneliness is profound right now while I adjust to being on my own.
Sending some love your way…Jen x

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply Jane. I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes, it’s the most horrible feeling I have ever encountered. I will keep in touch. Thank you again, Enud xx

@Enud keep strong and look after yourself

1 Like

Hi Jen, I am so sorry for your loss too, it’s the most profound feeling losing someone you love so dearly. I am here to always chat, and I am so grateful to find lovely people like you in this community. Sending my love, Enud xx

1 Like

Hi luv so sorry for your loss the pain and heartache is unbearable and I wonder myself if it gets easier I lost my youngest daughter to cancer in January she was 25 my god I feel my heart has been ripped to bits the anxiety bouts are awful and the overwhelming feeling of despair hopefully in time I can learn to live with it at the moment I struggle to cope with day to day things. Take care. Shellyanne XX :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Dear Shelleyanne, to lose a child is unthinkable, I am so sorry your your tragic loss. I f you ever need a chat, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Sending you lots of love, Enud xx

Thank you luv. I shall do this group of people on here are so supportive and are grieving just the same as me and you. Take care shellyanne xx

1 Like