Afraid for the future

My beloved husband died aged 62 of an aortic aneurysm and now my son aged 44 has died of the same thing almost 5 weeks ago. I’m finding it hard at the moment but I know about the grieving process although at the moment I’m in that dark hole. I have two surviving sons, both younger, and I’m so worried that I’ll lose them too. They will be having checkups but I’m so scared. I don’t think I can take anymore.

1 Like

Hello DJSS,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your concerns. I’m so sorry to hear about losing your husband and your son, and how scared you must be feeling. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the information pages on our website helpful - if you have a spare few minutes, please do take a look: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Susannah

Thank you for your kind words of support

I can’t imagine the pain and suffering your going through my husband to be died last year of the same thing it’s so hard without him I’m constantly thinking something wrong s wrong with me , you need to try stay strong for my sons I’ve done meditation colouring exercising puzzles it all helps a bit xx