All family have died

Thankyou. I didn’t do much I just couldn’t it was awful. I try to get out on my bike most days but have t the last few days. I’m going to cut the grass … I’ve been meaning to do it all day still have t made myself. Got to go out for coffee with friends tomorrow … eeek! I really do t want to. We used to meet up once a week for lunch … so I miss him so much when I go out with them.

Hope you are having an ok day. Love Sue x

Thanks Sue. It doesn’t matter if you don’t do anything some days but do what you feel like doing. All these anniversaries seem to highlight our loneliness.

I find it difficult meeting up with friends on my own now unless it is just the wives which sometimes happens. One of my friends moans about her husband quite a lot and I want to scream ‘at least you still have a husband!’

I haven’t done much today but have to do greenhouse duty later so may walk round the village afterwards.

Take care, love & hugs Viv x

I’m glad you get out a bit … it does help if you can. I know how you feel … my friend d moans about her two adult sons who are still living at home. I feel like saying I would give anything to have mine here with me. It’s hard … people dont realise how hurtful it is sometimes I don’t think.

I’ve cut the grass and done the edges now going to do a bit of weeding … it’s such an effort today… got absolutely no energy. But it has to be done. I started knitting last night so that’s something. I’ve wasted almost all day littering about inside a d reading a book.

Take care… love Sue x

People don’t think before they speak and because we put on a brave face they think we are ok but we know we never will be again. I guess we have to accept some things.

You have been busy cutting the grass etc., when you didn’t feel like it. I didn’t walk round the village last evening as couldn’t face talking to people but just as I was going round to do the watering a quite intrusive neighbour popped out the door and I couldn’t avoid her…

My rabbits are a great comfort to me and they have been out in their run on the grass today so it’s an excuse for me not to cut it. They are cheeky when I have to get them indoors so I leave them alone for a bit then they will get in their carry box and wait for me! Last night I accidentally left the child gate on their room open and unbelievably they didn’t venture into the rest of the house so they must be happy.

I hope Felix gives you comfort as animals give such unconditional love even though they can be naughty at times.

I thought of you today meeting your friends for coffee and hope you coped with it. It has helped me such a lot being able to ‘talk’ to you so thank you for being there.

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Viv,

We can only do what we can cope with I suppose. I feel lazy compared to how I used to be!

I have a few intrusive neighbours too! They think they are being kind but I find it so hard to talk to them really. My neighbours are ku f abd supportive and I could call on them for anything. I like to be independent though … do t like asking for help so I don’t.

I’m glad you have your rabbits … yes Felix is a comfort apart from when he gets an odd bird! He mopes about looking for Roger still sucks ketones … he did the same after Jamie died. Sometimes he sits a d looks at the blank wall like fe can see something.

Coffee was ok …ish. We went to the big garden centre so could sit away from everyone and it wasnt too peopley.

I did a bit of weeding when I got back and now looking for a film on Netflix. Started knitting a bit so got that to do.

Tomorrow my grandson is coming over to paint the fence for me as he ‘needs money’ lol.

I hope you are doing ok. Yes you gave helped me too … nice to talk to someone who really understands.

Take care. love Sue x

1 Like

Hi Sue,

I am quite independent but it is good to know you can call on any of your neighbours if you need help and it’s the same for me.

Felix sounds lovely apart from the bird thing but that is their instinct. My daughter has two cats one is 11 and couldn’t catch a fly but the young rescue one is different. They only go in the garden when she is home so are house cats really. They sometimes sit and stare at walls so maybe they see something?

I am glad the garden centre wasn’t too peopley for you and at least you went out with friends. I enjoy garden centre’s but there are not too many near me in this part of Cumbria.

I hope your weather is better as it is pouring with rain here so no good for painting fences. It made me smile about you paying your grandson to do it as he needs money! A win win situation. I painted mine in early spring as my neighbour started his side so I thought I should make an effort. Also the climbers had been cut down so I could get to all of it. The funny thing was he didn’t finish his side and jokes about me doing it if I am bored!! That ain’t gonna happen…

I had better get dressed and get through another day and I think the sky is brightening so there is hope.

Will be thinking of you.

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Viv,

I had the drive abd paths etc pressure washed and I. Priced there are swirly patterns in a couple of the fence panels so they must have caught them! I could easily do it myself but Mike likes to think he is helping g … he is 15 now.

Cumbria is a lovely part of the country to be … lots of beautiful scenery to walk around. It’s ok here in Lincoln … I have lanes nearby, a couple of nature parks etc so nice for walking. There are good cycle paths too so that helps. I need to get up to the Cathedral to light ca does again. Last time I went it was with Roger at Christmas to light candles for our sons. I do t know why I do it … but I like being up there and Jamie lives it too. He went to the Art college near the Cathedral years ago do knows it all well.

It rained all night here and is wi day here today.

Hope you manage to get out for a while. Take care

Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

It’s odd how one job leads to several others like the pressure washer catching the fence. Still it gave your grandson something to help you with which is good.

I love being in the country here and have amazing views from every window which I hadn’t expected but never take for granted. I mostly walk locally but sometimes go further afield with friends who know the paths.

I have not been to Lincoln Cathedral but had planned visiting many cathedrals before I lost David. He liked going into the roof when possible to understand how they are built and I love the wood carvings often in choir stalls. I also light candles in Exeter Cathedral when I am in Devon. Such peaceful places.

It sounds like you have some lovely areas for walking around you and it must be flatter for cycling and proper paths must help.

We have had torrential rain today and a thunderstorm this evening. However I walked round the village in bright sunshine before doing the neighbours’ watering, it’s about all I have done today apart from looking after the rabbits as not had any energy.

Hope you have a good night.

Love & hugs Viv x

Thanks Viv. Have you been to Buckfast Abbey … that’s my all time favourite place to light candles. It’s such a calm relaxing atmosphere there. We had a timeshare week in Exmouth so used to go every year… some of our favourite times spent there.

Hope you are having an ok weekend.

Love Sue x

I used to live quite near Buckfast Abbey so know it well. I am going down to Devon in September so if I make it there will light extra candles for you if that’s ok?

I am getting on with things thanks but weather has been so awful here with continuous rain. I did some chores yesterday but then asked my neighbours in for a cuppa in the afternoon as I was sick of being on my own. They are a lovely couple and I enjoyed their company.

Think it’s brightening up a bit now. I hope you have had better weather and are coping ok with the weekend.

Thinking of you. Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Sue,
I hope you are ok and have survived the weekend?

It has stopped raining here at last and today I met up with a friend from choir for a walk through a country estate and deer park followed by lunch. As well as deer we saw Bagot goats which are a rare breed. She lost her sister two years ago so understands me.

Have you been gardening at all or is it bad weather there?

Thinking of you. Viv x

Hi Viv… that sounds lovely. I like seeing deer … glad you got out.

I had a sad weekend somehow it’s was hard. I had my memory bear delivered yesterday made from Rogers fleecy jacket and some other bits of his clothing … it is just beautiful and made so well … but I was t ready for my reaction. It was like the day he died all over again. Oh dear what a day.

Today by youngest grandson is coming so will be making homemade pizza and cakes etc I suppose. Then later I’m taking him to meet up with his friend to play badminton.

Hope you are doing ok today.

Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

Sorry you had a sad weekend as it is so hard to bear sometimes.

I can understand how your memory bear set you back too. I had one made for Jane from her much lived in mauve & white summer trousers. It was hard initially but I treasure it now as I am sure you will treasure yours in time. A lovely way to remember your Roger.

How did you get on baking with your grandson? It is refreshing to hear about a young lad who sounds like he enjoys cooking. Does he clear up afterwards too?

I have been out every day this week and for the first time I don’t feel exhausted. I have been driving further afield to meet up with friends rather than staying in my safe place at home. It was lovely and sunny today which makes a difference.

I hope you can get some strength to help you through each day and I am hear if you want to talk.

Love & hugs Viv x

‘here’

Hi Viv … glad you are getting out more. It does help I think but is easier said than done sometimes isn’t it. The weather has been nice here today … went out with friends for coffee and cake to a garden centre and had a wander round.

Yes Lenny lives cooking … he makes a good pasta sauce and makes curry Texas well sometimes … no not so good at the clearing up :slight_smile: he lives cooking line his dad did.

Take care and keep on keeping on

Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

It must be good to have a grandson who enjoys cooking and follows in his father’s footsteps. Shame he doesn’t clear up though.

At least you are getting out as well and garden centres seem to be the place to go for the coffee shops as much as the plants. I hope you can continue to go out but I know it is an effort sometimes.

Yesterday a friend took me to the coast along Morecambe Bay where the sea was quite choppy. David and I had done a long walk along the same bit of coast several years ago and the memories flooded back. Strangely I was pleased to have found it as it isn’t very accessible by road and I know how to get there now.

Just back from dentist and horrid shopping so glad to be home as it’s pouring with rain again.

I hope you have a better weekend.

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Viv …,I love Morecambe Bay … we have had several holidays around there. It’s lovely for walking. Glad you got to go there. The memories are happy but hard to deal with sometimes.

Had a drama filled day yesterday. My grand daughter got her A level results yesterday … needed three A’s for Oxford … she was 7 points short of an A in history … the school have asked for a re mark so she has to wait fifteen days. She cried and cried bless her. She had for days if interviews abd activities etc for Oxford. She got a B, an A and an A* so still good results. She has places at Lancaster, Nottingham and Sheffield as well so will accept one provisionally abd wait to see what happens. What a day.

Today I have t been out the house … the rain has been constant all day and windy as well. Hope your weekend goes well too.

Love Sue x

Hi Sue,

How disappointing for your granddaughter being 7 points short of an A in history. She must have worked so hard to achieve such good results and fingers crossed the re mark will be better. What career does she want eventually? I think it is so hard for youngsters trying to get anywhere in life these days. Good luck and keep me posted.

I don’t blame you staying in and it is continuous rain and wind here. I feel like going to bed but bunnies would miss their supper. I have lit several candles and the lava lamp to cheer the room up a bit.

Take one day at a time, it’s all we can do…

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Sue,

It is so long since I have been on here that I forgot my Password!

It has been a strange time as I went to visit my half brother (long story) yesterday as his wife died in February after 60+ years together and he is physically unable to get around much. He is very confused and we have many phone calls of repetitive conversation so I felt it better to talk to him face to face. I haven’t seen him for 8 years but we have a strong bond. It was a three hour train journey but my nephew met me at the station and spent the day with us which helped. I am glad I went but it was a very draining day so I feel tired out but it was worth it to see my brother’s happiness. On Sunday I had a phone call from my niece, my half brother’s daughter and she is in my area so we are meeting up on Friday. I haven’t seen her for 8 years either and have not met her new husband so it is odd how this has happened in the same week.

I haven’t forgotten you and wonder how you are coping?

I went to Morecambe on Monday for a bracing walk along the prom,it was very windy, and I thought of you.

Take care.

Love & hugs Viv x

Hi Viv … I’m sorry I thought I had replied but must have not sent it.

Glad you had time with family … that’s always good even though card sometimes. Hope you are enjoying the good weather. I need to get the grass cut etc but seem to be exhausted. I will get to it eventually.

I have had two days where I have t gone out the house … it’s almost like I’m frozen … I seem to get that now and again. It all seems hard work and an uphill struggle needing so much effort.

A friend of my sons is in hospital and keeps ringing me (his second mum he says which I hate) wanting me to go up to see him. I can’t set foot in that hospital so just keep making excuses.

I hope you are keeping busy abd gettibg our a bit. Love Sue x