Am I being oversensitive?

Today I received a letter from the coroner with the report on Petes Post Mortem, I knew this was coming as the coroner phoned me on Feb 23rd to say it was in the post.
As you can imagine I was waiting everyday for it to arrive.
The envelope and letter inside are very crumpled and there was sellotape on the envelope, obviously my letter must have gone to the wrong address because its taken over a week to get here, when it should have come the next day.
I think someone has opened it and probably read it which really upsets me and I don’t know why.
Am I being over sensitive?
I was having an okay day but this has set me back.
I miss my darling man so very much and feel that someone has read my private letter.

Muldool

2 Likes

Muldoon sorry your private mail has been read by someone else it’s an invasion of your privacy and you should complain to your local sorting office. Hope the report wasn’t to upsetting for you . I’m waiting for a letter from the hospital that in my opinion killed my husband to say what happened to him while in there so called care.

1 Like

Hi, no you are not being over sensitive. Your reaction is normal under normal conditions but you are also grieving and you will be more sensitive. The only glimmer I can give is the fact you don’t know who read it or how much it mattered to them. It’s private and personal and it belongs to you. Try not to overthink at present you have enough to worry about. Remember we are always here for you and do take care. S xx

2 Likes

I don’t feel you’re being over sensitive in the slightest.
I would be furious and feel my situation and emotions are being disrespected if this were to happen to me.
Unfortunately there was no malice or any one likely to be purposefully meaning to cause you these feelings so this is likely to also tie in with those feels around loss - where you just don’t know where to focus those feelings and emotions.
Therefore, I can imagine it will press similar buttons.
Be gentle with yourself following this. It is completely reasonable to feel a knock as a result of this.

1 Like

Muldool . No you’re not :cry:I think anyone who has suffered a loss would feel exactly the same. :two_hearts:I’d be fuming !

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies, I think part of the problem is that Pete and I only moved to this area last May and then Pete passed away in November, it’s very much countryside with no village and not long after we moved there was a tragedy where a little boy was knocked down and he died, I was aware of everybody talking about it and realised that as not much happens here when something does it spreads through the community very quickly. I’ve had quite a few people say to me that they heard what happened to Pete ( he went out jogging and collapsed and died, the person who found him didn’t know who he was and it took a while before the police came here) and it feels like I’m now known to all my neighbours even though I don’t know them. Maybe I lived in London too long where no one is interested in you life, people here were very kind and helpful but I just feel like I want to hide away and dread them asking me questions.
Thank you all for your support, it really means a lot to me.
Muldool

3 Likes