Ann

@19Lefke95
I am glad you are finding some help with the counseling. I haven’t tried it myself so don’t know what it entails.
I totally agree with you that losing your husband / wife / partner is a completely different ball game to any other loss. I was not anticipating this level of grief - well, I wasn’t anticipating losing Richard at all in fact; he was so fit and apparently healthy. You have had a lot of grief to contend with due to the anticipation. Take it one day at a time and allow whatever your mind and body feel the need for.

Sending love
Karen xxx

2 Likes

Hello I do hope today went fairly alright and the pain wasn’t too great.It is very painful negotiating these special days on top of the daily feeling of loss .I shouldn’t I know but I have been feeling bitterness .Why my husband had to be taken when he always tried to help everyone and never complained with having been stricken down with an incurable disease.
I am desperately trying to overcome these negative reactions
Thank you for your support

1 Like

Karen it must have been such a shock to lose your husband so unexpectedly and suddenly
We just have to weather it slowly but surely don’t we but it is a treacherous and difficult path
Ann

2 Likes

@19Lefke95
Hi Ann, yes the shock was unbelievable but as you say, we take each little step to come to terms with it. I am lucky I still have one daughter living at home so I don’t have that empty house to come home to which so many others on here have to deal with.
xxx

1 Like