Anniversary

Today would have been my 23 wedding Anniversary & I miss her so much I would love to talk to her to say sorry if I have done wrong in the past & to tell her how much I love & adore her but I am sure everyone who has list someone would think the same .
I Lost Tanya my wife age (51) 9 weeks ago to Metastatic breast Cancer that had spread to the bones and later onto her liver.
I miss her so much & the guilt I feel that I never did enough for her is horrible I did try but you never appreciate what you have until it is gone & I do feel that way.:cry::broken_heart:

3 Likes

I won’t say “Happy Anniversary” Geoff bit I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. xx

I love this anniversary music and video. Today it is especially for you and your wife Tanya. :heart:

3 Likes

I totally agree with your sentiments. I feel exactly the same and you’re right - you don’t truly appreciate what you have until it’s gone - which is too late and we can’t turn the clock back. I wish we could.
Wishing you strength to cope with today and the future.
AL

1 Like

Tomorrow will be my 11th wedding anniversary, I am waiting on the meltdown but so far I am coping ok. I think about the amazing man Colin was and how blessed I was to have had him in my life even if it was only for 13 years. We were second time round after crap marriages & so lucky to have found each other, some people are never fortunate enough to have the love & bond we had & I realise how lucky I was. He was clever & knowledgeable, well read & could turn his hand to anything. He was the wittiest man I have ever met and made me pee my pants laughing every day. He could cook, clean & iron better than me, he was kind and thoughtful and would do anything for anyone. He was gentle and did not like conflict yet he made me feel safe and secure. He took me to countries I never thought I would see and experience things I never thought possible. I thought I would have him till we were old and frail but it was not to be. So tomorrow I will raise a glass to my wonderful Husband and tell him how I would do it all over again in a heartbeat :two_hearts:

7 Likes

All anniversaries are really hard, hope you have someone to share your memories and talk to

1 Like

Your husband sounds wonderful. Why are the best ones taken? My husband was like yours and looked after me from start to finish. I was lucky enough to have known him since 1963 and we were married for 54 wonderful years. My thoughts are with you and all of those who in the same boat as us xx

I will be thinking of you :cry::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Thanks Steph :kissing_heart: xx

1 Like

Thanks Chrissy, I am very fortunate to have amazing family and friends who support me every step of the way.

2 Likes

Thanks Ann, He was wonderful and I am extremely grateful to have had him in my life even though it was not nearly long enough :cry: Quality over quantity :grin: xx

2 Likes

Absolutely. You will never forget him and you will be a better person for having been loved by him.
I dread to think what my life would have been like if I had never met Tony. I was lucky enough to have quality and quantity and I count my blessings every day.

3 Likes

Dear Geoffs, Let me start off by telling you I feel for you. I lost my lovely wife last November 2019. I feel like you, I wish I had had more time (as I think back on it), to tell her how much I love her . She died suddenly in our home - it was to late to save her. I know she loved me - but sometimes I wish I had done a better job with her, letting her know I truly loved her and appreciated everything she did for me. Please know that I am certain you did all you could and she knows you did your best. I feel like that too. I’m no expert but please try to be encourage that all will work out for the best at a later date. That’s what keeps me going - but , like you I wish I could speak to her about my setbacks. I am sure you loved her very much - as I loved my wife too! Be encouraged and be strong!
Herb

2 Likes

I know it won’t be a happy anniversary but know I am thinking of you Mrs Colt. This song is hardly appropriate but it’s the song me and my husband used to sing to each other on our wedding anniversary. Happy days :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thinking about you today and hoping the day will pass without a meltdown.
Warm wishes, AL x

Bless you Kate, I can just imagine you two nutters singing that to eachother :grin: xx

1 Like

Thanks AL, so far so good :+1: xx

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: My husband had a voice like a foghorn… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you Crazy_Kate for the lovely anniversary song. We don’t hear music like this much anymore - it was
appreciated on this end.
Herb

1 Like

Herb, the words you have just written about your wife are the same as those that run through my head daily about my own wife. I wish I had done more and said more about how much my wife meant to me. The pain of her loss weighs so heavily inside me that sometimes I wonder about being able to continue. I’m still at the stage of taking one hour, one day, at a time. Thank you so much for your post.
Best wishes,
Alston

1 Like