Another birthday alone

Saturday will be another birthday i will be not be spending with my beloved husband. It doesnt get any easier , no lovely wife card waiting for me ,no birthday breakfast in bed and generally having a nice day. Nothing feels the same anymore how can it my darling is not here. I miss him so much. somedays i think i cant go on. I will be spending day thinking of birthdays gone when we would go out for meal or go away . So so hard. I know hes wishing me happy birthday wherever he is. X

9 Likes

Dear misprint
I’m so sorry for you. My heart is crying for you.
I’m 8 months in
I haven’t had my first birthday yet without my darling. But have had his birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day, and our anniversary (which was the day after he died)
We actually had a tradition of using the same cards each year for Christmas, Valentines and our anniversary…so I just got those cards out and put them up. Luckily I was always a bit sentimental and had kept some cards, so I was able to put up his cards from his birthday last year and I do still have some birthday cards he sent me before, so will just put them all up on my birthday in July.
Perhaps you could find a photo of you and him on a previous birthday and put that up…if it’s not too painful. Everyone is different, and we all deal with OUR grief in different ways, so big apologies if you think that was a really stupid idea.
Be thinking of you xx

3 Likes

Thankyou i to have kept cards from way back so will put one of them up and raise a glass to us.
One thing that upset me was i had a card yesterday though post from a friend and she had put MS on it instead of Mrs silly i know but i still call myself Mrs.

3 Likes

Sorry, I know she’s your friend but that’s so insensitive…ofcourse your still Mrs…he’s still your darling husband.
I still write Phil’s name on cards to others. Those who understand me most get why I do that.
At Christmas I actually only put up the cards I received that added Phil’s name or mentioned him …those without his name on were just too painful , so they went in a pile I didn’t want to look at.
I’m glad you’ve got a card from him you can put up x

4 Likes

I dont think she means to upset me just doesnt think shes not lost anyone so doesn’t understand. I dont know if i should say anything to her or just forget it.

Hi @Misprint . Sending you birthday wishes, hope you manage today the best you can .there will probably be tears, but I hope you can smile also about the happy life you had with your dear husband, not everyone gets a love so deep and pure, and I’m sure he will be watching over you, sending you birthday love and kisses. …sending you a big hug from me . Xtake carex

1 Like

Dear misprint
Birthday wishes and hugs from me too.
Did you manage to put a previous card up?
I hope you get some little ‘heart smiles’ in your day.
Before I found this website I used to scroll the internet for messages and verses. They helped me.
This is one which you might like…

" I keep you close in my heart, it beats stronger with you there " :heartbeat:

1 Like

Thankyou broken222 for your best wishes . Just opened my cards and yes had a lump in my throat and a few tears. Doing up best to remember good times and get through today as best i can xx

1 Like

Thankyou cathphil lovely words so kind of you to remember me. I’ll do my best today to stay strong. Sending hugs :people_hugging: xx

Happy birthday @Misprint , I hope the day is kind to you.
Love Debbie xx

1 Like

Thanks mate see you soon xx

1 Like