Another birthday without mum.

Next week is my 36th birthday.The last birthday my mother was here for was my 33rd.It feels like a lifetime ago.It was a really nice day nothing special just me my son and my mum,a beautiful warm day.I wish id known what was coming.
Its not a day i look forward to anymore.There will be no card,no text message to say happy birthday like usual.I miss getting a birthday card the most because there was always a sweet message inside.
Just another painful reminder my mums no longer here.

4 Likes

Hi StarHeart

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Rhi

Hello, sorry your forthcoming birthday is arousing such sadness after the death of your Mum. It’s only natural that such occasions bring grief into sharp focus. Could you perhaps think of your birthday as an opportunity to remember all the wonderful memories of your Mum? She would have been so full of love and happiness I presume when she helped you celebrate your birthday. It seems a shame not to mark the occasion somehow, the anniversary of the day you first met…:sparkling_heart: Maybe you could display a few of those lovely birthday cards from the past and maybe have a special meal or visit a place that brings positive memories of your lovely Mum. It may just help to make the day about the love you have for her…best wishes xx

Hi Rosiepink
Thank you for your advice and your kind words.My son made the day special and we talked about my mum.I have a video of her and my son singing happy birthday to me from 5 years ago.That does bring me some comfort and im grateful that i have that memory.As im getting older i miss the fact that i cant have the conversations with my mum about how she felt when she was my age, she was the person i could go to and talk about the tough times i was going through.
We think they will always be here but life can change in a second.
Losing a parent(s) makes you realise we dont have all the time in the world.

1 Like

Ah that’s lovely that you could spend some time remembering your Mum. You’re so right, it’s so hard knowing our Mum’s are no longer there to offer a listening ear and advice. It’s a terrible loss because, as you said, we never really think we’ll lose them. We just have to keep going, thinking of what they’d want us to do, remembering the love… Best wishes xx

1 Like