Another mothers day

This Sunday will be my third mothers day since losing my mum just over 2 years ago.Its still painful seeing all the gifts and cards in stores to show your mum how much she means to you.Ive gotten use to it now but i wish there was also something in stores that says im sorry you lost your mum even when its been years but its all about celebrating and showing love.Theres so many people feeling this pain but its hardly ever thought about.If your struggling this Sunday.Just do what helps you so if its just remembering happy family memories or even just doing nothing and not thinking about the day.Thats ok.Theres no wrong way.

7 Likes

Hi @StarHeart,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. I can understand that the lead-up to Mother’s day and the day itself may serve as a painful reminder to you, regardless of how many years it has been.

Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

That’s great advice, and I hope you can spend Sunday in a way that’s right for you.

Please do take care of yourself,
Becca

I have just said the same to my friend i cant wait for all the mothers day things to come down in the shop, all the thongs i wpuld have bought my mum this year is my 2nd technnically the 1st she died 2 days beofre notjers day last year she jad her new pjs while she was in hopsital and i wrote her card with memories and the day went by as a blur so this year seems real!! Thinking of you also we will be without our mums but have each other for support xx