You were a wonderful partner from beginning to end
Forever you will live on in my heart and mind
Forever you will live in my thoughts and never die
With love always, I remember you
With fond memories, I think of you
I’m so grateful for the times we had together
I’ll cherish my memories of you forever

10 Likes

@sad2 hi that’s beautiful I am so sorry you are going through this heartbreak stay safe take care sending hugs x

1 Like

Thank you so much Casey. You are such a caring person.
Pauline was lucky to have had you in her life, and I know how much you love and miss her,
Each new day just seems to get worse instead of any better doesn’t it?
xx

1 Like

@sad2 hi sad yeah it really does seem to get harder you and Alan were obviously so in love as are all of us who are grieving for our lost beautiful loving soulmates and thankyou but I was the lucky one to have had paulines love and blessed to have had her in my life and for that I will always be thankful but the pain that we are experiencing from the loss its the worst pain I have ever experienced I feel your pain and I am so sorry that you and all of us are going through this heartbreak I like reading your poems they are always so meaningful you stay safe and take care sending you strength and hugs x

1 Like

I just stopped crying. It doesn’t end. The pain is all encompassing. I miss him so much. The longer I’m into this the harder it’s getting - the more I realize how alone I am. The problems I have to solve alone, no one here if I get sick. I could lay on the floor forever. He took such good care of me. It’s all gone. The companionship, the joy, his physical presence, our own special intimacies - gone forever. No joy. I’m done. Just existing now.

2 Likes

@Barb11 hello barb I am so sorry you are going through this heartbreak it does feel like it’s getting harder everyday I know what you mean about being alone I’m the same and yes it’s not a life anymore its just existing but you are doing it and he would be so proud of you keep on doing what you are the love we have and had with our soulmates will always be with us I’m often around if you ever want to chat take care sending hugs x

You’re kind. I just need to vent sometimes. Only “we” can understand and tolerate the words of misery we read here. Yesterday was horrible for me. Today might be unremarkable. Each day is a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs, ups and downs.
I had such a fabulous 40 years with him. I just can’t let go yet.

1 Like

@Barb11 I don’t think we ever truly let go and to be honest I haven’t and I don’t think I ever will she was the best part of me and always will be wow 40 years I try to think of Pauline in happier times doesn’t always work and if course the pain of the loss is always constant I hope you get some moments of peace yesterday was a crap day for me to take care x

1 Like

Thanks for listening. :heart:

1 Like

@Barb11 you are welcome

Beautiful. Exactly how I feel about my dear wife.

Word for word, precisely how I feel. My thoughts are with you.

1 Like

I’ve spent another day just wondering around the house crying, I’m exhausted feel so alone, I miss my Keith so much, my mum told me last night that people will soon “get fed up of listening to you crying & talking about him” I should move on, what’s happened has happened get on with it, it’s been 8 weeks since he died I’m heartbroken

1 Like

With all due respect to your mother, her comments were extremely disrespectful and unsympathetic. You will cry whenever you need to. You’ve suffered a tremendous loss. It takes a very long time to get over that, if we ever do. You’re not alone. You’re now a member of a very special club, of which no one wants to be a part. So sorry for your loss.
Barbara

1 Like

Hi there
Don’t be harsh on your mother as I am pretty sure my mother and my Nan would have said something very similar to me.
They lived through or was brought up by someone that lived through the war years and they had to be tougher than we could ever imagine. Death came at them daily but they didn’t have the luxury of being able to stop and grieve. They had to work and bring up families regardless. So I would think that they had no choice but to move on,
I never remember seeing my Nan or my mother show the sort of grief that I have felt when they lost their husbands at comparatively young ages. It was stiff upper lip and get on with it. Perhaps she is being cruel to be kind. But I would say just go on crying when you need to.