Anxiety when things go wrong

Since loosing my beautiful mum to cancer back in 2020 aged 24 and my nan a year later. I have suffered with anxiety surrounding anything that goes wrong. as soon as something bad happens or something doesn’t go to plan I begin to panic, the anxiety floods through my body and I find it extremely different to shake offf. I don’t know how to cope with anything bad happening in my life anymore. It’s like my brain cannot cope with anymore and I can’t breathe. I have no idea how to control it and before loosing my mum I was always in control. Loosing her the night she died was a huge shock because we was told we wasn’t at that point yet so now I don’t believe anyone telling me everything will be ok because it never is. My friends and family even seem to think I just have the worst luck. I can’t shake this feeling of dread of the very worst of every situation. I’m on medication from the doctor but it doesn’t help when things happen out of my control. Any help?

Hello @lostbutterfly ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum and Nan that brings you here. You say you are feeling out of control, anxious and feel full of dread - You have had huge shocks. I am glad that you have been able to reach out to your Doctor.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hello sorry you are finding it hard to cope with anxiety. I suffer very badly with anxiety and it multiplied since losing my mum, what medication has the doctor given you?
I’ve been prescribed beta blockers and I feel like they’re a god send at this moment. I can take up to 3 a day and I’ve only been taking one the first thing in the morning cause that when I get my worse anxiety attacks although today I had to take a second as I started thinking of all sorts and it set me off again x