Anyone struggling to listen to music?

Yep mary…that’s why I’m still not listening to music x

2 Likes

Great difficulty listening to music. I played a Beatles song at my Mums funeral and now don’t want to hear any Beatles.

Daffy I wonder if I will ever return to music. I used to love it but I cant bear it now. It’s either LBC or the TV on all the time. BBC news mainly.

1 Like

I decided to try listening to my music again. In a way I now find a little comfort in some songs. All the early 60s. Brings back bitter sweet memories from our early years together. I think we had some amazing music from that era.In some ways it brings him a little closer. When I read a lot of these posts, how much I associate with what people are feeling. I know I am not alone in my grief and how I feel.
Although we try to talk about death nothing can prepare you for the physical pain of losing a partner. Everyone take care.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to music since I lost Tim.
Even the car radio stays off. I know if I hear any music I would crumble. If a song comes on the tv even in an advert, I have to change channels. We always had music playing , but not anymore x

3 Likes

I can’t listen to some music, as the tears start falling and I can’t stop, so heartbroken after losing my so 6 month ago, it’s so unfair , just hate being here without him xx

We had a Mariachi band at my son’s wedding.My husband was Spanish and a chef .He did the food.:+1:So feel happy when I hear that music.But I get very emotional when I hear our songs,classical & film music.:frowning:Jeanette. x

2 Likes

Hi
I love music, always have but it also took me some time to be able to listen to it and dance again. I can manage it now after eighteen months, however my husband was a singer and when I play him singing it still reduces me to floods of tears. I hold the small player in my arms as if I am hugging him and can feel his voice against my heart. I sing along with him as I dance and have a photo nearby of him with his band. Yet still the tears come. One line he sings is ‘it’s sad to be alone’ and don’t I know it.
I suppose you might call me lucky as I can still hear his voice. I know I am .
Take care

1 Like

Awww dear Pat,
So sad,
Love,
Mary x

I tried, Stephtim, it was a mistake, trying to listen to our music sent me on a downer which lasted days. In my opinion there is nothing more touching than music. x x x

I know I love music, but haven’t listened to it for seven months it’s too upsetting :cry: xx

1 Like

Yes. Mam and me had a shared music passion, now shes gone so has my passion