Anyone understand please

Hello i have just signed up as not really sure what to do
I lost my beautiful mum 6 months ago and i feel like i have no one :broken_heart:

5 Likes

So sorry to hear of your pain. I lost my mum in May this year. It is still very hard for me, as I am on my own. Do you have any family or friends who can support you? Hugs. xx

1 Like

Hello thank you x please dont think you are on your own any more ,i have a husband he trys my grown up son is amazing xxbut my mum was my best friend

2 Likes

I really feel your pain because I feel the same way too. I’ve lost my best friend too. We grow around the grief (so they say) but it is not easy and will take as long as it takes. I’ve never had anything in my life as hard as this to deal with and it hurts so much. xx

1 Like

Hello, I know how you feel as it’s coming up to 6 months since I lost my beautiful Mum to. I don’t have many people who are there for me, it’s almost like they think I should be getting on with it by now.

I find writing to her about my day helps a little and reading books about the afterlife comforts me.

I just wanted to let you know, you can message me anytime :heart:

1 Like

I’m reading a lot of books to (before bed) about grief, the afterlife, etc. and helps comfort me too. x

1 Like

Thank you all so much i think just to know im not alone .my beautiful mum left me on 21st jan this year she had dementia for 5 years i was her carer until i was medically overridden by the hospital mum was move to a dementia care home my heart broke i went every day until covid hit then i faced timed her she thought she was on the tv when i did x she would say my daughter be here in a minute and i would say mum its me she would say i know joanne i would fill with hope she was getting better from dementia
but we all know you dont get better i hoped so hard after covid, i went every day again she would talk about me to me and say i was beautiful and she didnt know how she would cope with out me i dont cope with out her .i would give her 5 kises every day and she would smile at me and say your a good girl but never called me joanne again xi would cry and she would put her arms around me it felt like mum the love the safety the smell of impuse musk and oil of ulay i love her then 20th january the day before she died after being told she would never wake up again i held her hand all night but that morning my mum woke up as my mum who knew me no dementia i promise and said my name she said joanne i love you you have been more than my daughter to me look after that boy (this was my son ) she talked to me all day on and off about us and my boy and how much the 5 kisses meant to her i cried tears of love sadness but i knew she was back my son came in and she smiled like i had never seen her big blue eyes shining at him she told him how proud she was of him and he was her boy too as i had shared him with her from the day he was born he just loved his granny my mum and she loved him she gave him that gift to settle his heart
21st jan my my left me as my mum she reached for my hand and kissed it 5 times i knew she had gone i need to tell someone this please read it with love i miss her

8 Likes

So beautiful. Made me cry. What a beautiful ending for her; no more pain. Sounds like she knew it was ‘her time’ and was her ‘old self again’ at the end. You should feel blessed and comforted. Hugs xxx

Wow that’s so amazing, reading that gave me the shivers! Almost in tears to! It’s pretty awesome that she was able to have a moment of normality and makes me believe there’s something after this life even more! I’ve heard a lot of stories where people who was passing end up being in their normal state just before I find it simply amazing personally and I’m so glad you shared that with us how beautiful :heart:

@youareunbelievable @Lost1934 hi I’ve just lost my dad . 4 weeks ago . I would love to have someone on here to chat to . I feel so alone with my grief .
I’m sorry you are both feeling the same xx

1 Like

@Jess1 I’m here too if you need to talk , recently lost my Dad x

Ive just signed up too, i lost my mum a week ago, i dont know how to cope :pensive:

1 Like

Feeling the same about my mum, thoughts are with you x

1 Like

Hey xxx we all here for you xx

2 Likes

Thanks, im with u too x

Lost my mum in May aged 90. She was everything to me, and me to her. Lived with her all my life. We knew each other ‘inside out’. I never thought I would cope without her. I can look after myself, but gosh, the pain, the grief, the tears, the sadness, the longing for them. It gets unbearable. After the funeral (early June) my pain got worse. Everything goes back ‘to normal’, but we are never normal again. But, week by week, keeping myself busy with work, I have (as we all have to) carried on. It’s hard but focus on yourself, keep busy, exercise, eat well. Just live… that’s all we can do. I visit her grave most days. I talk to her there, I pray a little (I’m not religious), but I seek everything now about life after death, I think it just gives me a bit of understanding and hope and comfort. I read grief books before bed, I watch videos on Tube about ‘the afterlife’. I hope from vlogs that she is around, she is watching me and hearing me, she has unconditional love and she will guide me. I think I’ve had some signs from her, I pray I’ll get more signs from her. I’m not spiritual, but boy, I just need to know she’s safe, she doesn’t miss me, she loves me, and I am just so sad without her. But, week on week, I am getting stronger, the ‘rawness’ is easing that little bit more, and I’m finding I can do more things, just for myself, because that’s what our mums would want. They certainly wouldn’t want us to be sad. Ask your mum out loud “mum, what can I do now?”. I’m sure you’ll find the answer she’ll be saying to you. Stay strong. I miss her like crazy, but I’m truly sure she knows that and will guide me. Hope this helps. xxx

5 Likes

I lost my dad August 9th

I’m sorry for your loss, my mum passed on the 12 th August. It still dosent seem real. We are all here for support. Message anytime, u wish get support on here x