Awful Day

Finding it harder and harder to get through the day without crying. I miss my husband so much and I’m reminded of him so much as he loved Christmas. There’s not a day goes by when I don’t miss him but I just can’t seem to stop the tears at the minute. I just want to wake up when it’s all over, in fact I don’t know if I even want to do that.

Yes me too. I haven’t been on here for a while but struggling with everything at the moment. Tears at home, at work and while I am out. I must admit I also am disappointed when I wake up. I really don’t want to. Nothing will ever be the same again. Counselling doesn’t seem to work. Tried 4 sessions on here and tried 4 sessions at the hospital where I work. Its a sad state of affairs when they cancel the one before Christmas then can’t fit you in until 7th January. Don’t they realise Christmas is the time when vulnerable people are at their lowest. At the end of the day its just a job to them. Another thing they try to do is get you to go and see gp. Medication is just going to mask the mask the problem not solve it.

Hello Alice,

I’m so sorry to hear how you are feeling; Christmas can be particularly hard when you are grieving. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the
community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and
will understand some of what you are going through.

Another good place to get support is The Samaritans; they are always there 24/7 if you need to talk (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org)

Take care,
Susannah
Online Community team

Me too. The abject loneliness of it all is almost unbearable. I seem todo nothing but cry, leaving Christmas ’ do’s ‘ early because I’m in floods. Dreading the New Year’s Eve meal and Auld Lang’s Syne. I’m still expecting him to walk through the door. I still feel that I am in a dream. Part of me feels that I have to toughen up and get on with it. I have never known such pain. I would love to be happy.

I dont feel its real either though i am sobbing now. We had a routine for so long and how can you just adapt. I wish i had been taken at rhe same time as her as my life is painful now especially wakening . It was sudden. One day things are good and the next everything held dear is gonex