Bad day

Yep spot on ! We could easily cave and throw in the towel but we have to carry on :persevere: Every decision I make I think “what would John say/do ?” And I just hope I make the right one. I haven’t done bad so far I even ventured to Australia on my own something I would never have dreamed I would be able to do, but I did it and I know he would be so proud.
Well done to us for keeping going and making our partners proud.

Georgina :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@Georgie15 Wow, just wow, I’m so impressed, do you have family there? xxx

Morning !
Yes I have a cousin and his family. They have been asking us for years but John didn’t do long haul that well so we never took up the offer. When my cousin came home last year for a visit he asked me yet again and after speaking with friends and family I decided to go. Yes the flight was long but I stopped off in Singapore booked myself into a hotel before the onward journey to Sydney. I had a great time and John would have loved the sunshine :sunny: there were times when I wished he was beside me and I’m sure he was. So happy I did it !!
Georgina

2 Likes

Well done ! Big flight to australia … bet it did you world of good though ! Where in Australia was it ? X

1 Like

Sydney which was lovely. Yes the flight seemed endless but well worth it. Would I go again ? Perhaps but somewhere different.

Georgina

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one who struggled on Mothers Day, my husband of 48 years died suddenly but peacefully from cancer, my dad passed away 5 days before my husband this was in Dec 22 a week before Christmas. My daughters had planned a lovely day craft making with them and granddaughters, they had to ask for music to be changed as this started me crying. I found it such a difficult day and missed my hubby so much., there’s not a day goes by that I don’t think about hubby and dad, only thing that keeps me going is the love from my daughters and grandchildren.

3 Likes

Aw yeh ssme here my husband passed on 16th dec 2022 … i found mothers day so hard ! I was so tearful … my husband was only 60 … i miss him so much … we were married 35 years … youre lucky you have your daughter snd grsnddaughter … i have but ive found ive had little sympathy from my kids ! I was very angry about their dad passing and they didnt like it :frowning: and i dont think they got it either … but he was my life partner … not just their dad … and we can never predict how we gonna react can we ? I was so lost when he went … i still finding it hard x

6 Likes

I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to lose a partner. On the topic of your kids not seeing you on mothers day, i may give a different perspective - my dad died a few weeks ago and although mum mum seems to be coping, i find it really difficult going round to see her as i feel i have to be strong for her which is absolutely exhausting for me, i cant wait to leave! (yes i feel terribly guilty for thinking this). I much prefer to be at home where i can just be sad for myself and be comforted by my husband. This may be how your daughter is feeling.
Also it probably isnt that she prefers to see her mother in law, but actually prefers to be able to relax and talk about her own grief and to be mothered and looked after by her, rather than feeling like she has to look after you and put her own grief to one side

1 Like