Bad day

Today is really hard, my chest keeps hurting, I feel sick all the time, I’m anxious and nervous. I don’t know, maybe it’s the weather but I m at an all time low today :cry:. Is anyone else feeling or did you feel ill.

5 Likes

Jacney
Yes I certainly felt ill and in some pain for at least a year after my soulmate died. Now two years four months later I do not feel ill just very, very sad, and I wonder when I will feel a bit better. Best wishes to you.

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband on Friday. I feel so ill today myself. I also feel sick, my chest feels tight, and I’m scared of everything. I can’t eat, and sleep isn’t much better. Right now I just see how it’s ever going to get better. I miss him so much. X

6 Likes

Today was a bad day for me too. My beautiful, caring husband died last Saturday and because of the bank holidays and now a doctors strike we cant get any of the certificates to arrange his funeral yet. I feel sick to my stomach, struggle to eat and hurt all over. It truly is a physical pain. I can’t imagine ever feeling OK again, but I’ve read some moving posts on here and it is giving me some hope. Sending everyone grieving a big hug

7 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re feeling really bad @Jacney but it’s to be expected. I felt ill for the first couple of weeks and lost some strength in my arms and legs. They would hardly work. I think it was the initial shock. We all react differently during the early days and weeks and anything you’re feeling at the moment is normal but if you are concerned it may be an idea to see your GP. Love and strength. Jean x.

2 Likes

@Jean8 thank you, i managed to get a call from the doctor today for some medication. I know its not for everyone but 20 years ago i suffered PTSD after a house fire. I coped so well and when we moved back in, i crashed and burned, so I am being proactive this time. This help is just ‘for now’ until I’m strong enough on my own.

3 Likes

@Nily please ask for help from the doctor to help in the short term.

3 Likes

I lost my wife at the beginning of the month very suddenly and i can honestly say i have never felt anything like it, it is as you say a physical pain. I just feel lost and not sure what to do, thankfully i have some good friends and family around me. Hugs to all :people_hugging:

6 Likes

@Jacney . Have had 3 days in a row of tsunami crying. l cant see an end to this, l just make for my bed and try and sleep it through.

2 Likes

Hi,

No one prepares us for grief.
All you are going through is because of how much you loved each other.

See your GP, never be afraid to show feelings , bereavement counselling and groups help alot.

Keep talking. You are with all that understand.

4 Likes

Thank you. Feeling a little better. Eating a bit more, and getting some sleep. It’s going to take a long time to find a new normal. If I get really bad I will definitely see the doctor. X

1 Like

Thank you. It’s been 9 days, but feels like 9 years. I’m stuck in limbo waiting for the coroner to get back to us. We ran our own business, so not only have I lost my love, I’ve lost my income too. Waiting to sort things out is simply hell, as I panic I’m going to have no money. I just want to lay my Lee to rest. I pray we hear something soon. Love to you all trying to cope. X

4 Likes