Beautiful day so alone

Just sitting in the garden on our garden swing thinking Mick should be next to me things that set you off

5 Likes

I was doing the same earlier and these little things really make you miss them . I could hear my neighbour chatting with her husband and could not help but think how lucky there are and why did it happen to us .

5 Likes

I was just doing the same, sat in the garden with a cup of tea, looking at the snowdrops, daffodils and crocuses that Chris planted and really missing him, that set me off.
Christy

5 Likes

I’m also sitting in the garden alone feeling the loneliness.Can hear the family next door laughing and I think that use to be us.Who would have known then that this would be the future.So much natural beauty all around but feeling so sad.

4 Likes

It’s the warm days like today when the sun is out when we used to spend the hole day in our garden that really hit me hard today. So I went to the Cemertry and sat near her with the sun beaming of her picture, constantly staring at her eyes and thinking this is so unreal and why so soon and so young as we always wanted to grow old together. It would have been 29 years to the day we met on Monday and its just so painful knowing that there is nothing I can do or say in rather than giving her the flowers I have to lay them down instead.

6 Likes

Love to you all how sad a bit of sunshine can affect our feelings never seems real next month a year just feels like yesterday.
X

2 Likes

Aww that’s so true Kim. Every day feels like the day before but with different emotions running through us all each time. xx

2 Likes

It’s when the sun shines and the days are a bit warmer. Steve and I would open a bottle of wine and just sit in the sun and chat. It’s coming up to two years and I miss him dreadfully. X

2 Likes

Never be the same don’t know how we do it
Sending love x

I tidied the garden today and thought about how it was when he was here.He would have cooked for me and then said stop … He would watch the clouds and time how long the sun would be out, make.me sit down with a tea and watched the birds x When the sun came today, I sat without him sitting in his sunshine without him. Tears sobs and frustration. Senseless… death seems senseless … why do we lose people x x Again, today, distraught …
I WANT HIM HERE…Apart.from that, I’m fine …
Love to all of.you x

3 Likes

Roller coaster of emotions don’t know where they all come from
Take care x

1 Like

Hi the feelings are intense wish we were not on this site but everyone on here can relate
Take care xx

1 Like

From love @Kim5, they come from love.
I’m thinking of all of you right now and I hope you are all moving forward. No one told me how hard it is to lose your best friend and love x I’ve lost my favourite person, every sound that came from him, his voice his face his smile everything x my strength, I know I have is flailing. I miss him so much but I know that you are all lost too and so many people are losing and have lost … it blows my mind that so many of ua are so very sad x I was so lucky in so many ways x we wasted no time we were very uncomplicated and Covid didn’t play apart… I know I’m lucky to have been by his side … The shock and trauma was astronomical and it.happened.so quickly we were both in shock but at least I was with him x 17 weeks ago today, he lay next to me,.we held hands and cuddled all through The night … we knew or thought he had months to find out tomorrow it was days but… I watched every breath he took and we.were able.to snuggle x x i feel so sad but so very lucky and I’m sorry …
Im sorry some of you didn’t.get.that x with all my love x

2 Likes

Hi
I see what your saying some on here did not get the chance to be with there loved ones like you i was by my husbands side at home when he died.
Sending love x

1 Like

Hello all, The sunshine yesterday also had me in floods of tears thinking that Mike and I would be sitting in the garden with a cuppa and enjoying the daffodils and crocuses he planted. We never needed more than that, our own company was enough. Instead, I had the day from hell. Broke a tooth, blood pressure was up, my computer was playing up and then the back door jammed. I just about got it shut to lock up last night. Today can only be better.

@jean x deep breaths required. I’ve calmed down a bit now but in the first 8 weeks, every door that played up, every time I couldn’t find a key or something went wrong, I would feel it was the worst thing ever x we are so hypersensitive and in a high state of distress every minute little thing is felt x My love to all of you x

It helps so much to read all these comments.
Thinking we’re on our own with these feelings but then reading what someone has written and it is as if I had written it myself.
I decided to do a bit of gardening too yesterday, put the radio on and thought this will do me good.
Songs on the radio, we loved, birds singing, warmth of the sun and then I found the fish grilling basket he bought for the bbq at the end of last summer (used only once) and that was it, total despair and sobbing, knowing that he will never get to do all these things again and we will never get to do these things together again. We loved the outdoors so much, went walking regularly too, can’t even imagine walking without him and visiting all our favourite places. I miss you so much Geoff.
Love to you all. Xxxxxx

1 Like

Hi it’s not the same I’m sitting in my garden now to nice to sit in the dull house. I just sit and remember all our memories it’s heartbreaking. I will be glad when we get back to some normal in this world but our life’s will never be the same. I hope you find one day you are able to enjoy your garden again.
Take care xx

We are all so different, I can sit in our lounge and even watch things on TV that we both liked, but 14 weeks on still can’t bring myself to sleep in our bed. I want to but just don’t feel ready. Xx

I went for a walk yesterday but I was so lonely I didn’t walk far before heading back to the car. Today I sat in the garden but felt so sad because Peter wasn’t with me. He loved the sunny weather and the garden so much.