Being in Love

Why do I feel like I’m being punished for being in love. Every atom of my body aches for my beloved. Memories of him haunt me. His touch, the sound of his laughter, the taste of his lips. The wonderful safe feeling of my hand gently held by his hand. Am I in love with a ghost now, no I’m not. I’m still in love with the man I met 26 years ago, that will never die. Physically he has gone, that’s my punishment for loving and needing him so much.

7 Likes

Hello M67, yes grief is the price we pay for loving someone, our soulmate and you are correct it will never die. For what ever reason he had to, he will always be with you and that doesn’t alter as your life alters without him. There are so many of us on this site that know exactly how you are feeling because that’s how we all feel. Keep reading others posts and post yourself any time, we are always here for you. My blessings and hugs go with you on this journey without your soulmate, it does get easier. Take care and love and blessings xxx

2 Likes

Dear Me67
You are not being punished! Death happens and we are not prepared for it
Jack died 2 1/2 years ago - it is painful, sad and I find so odd not to have him around - I have read many books on loss/bereavement/ grief and one of the things I learned is that our grief is great because our love is great! Grief is a continuation of love !!

You greve because you love !! It is not punishment - be kind to yourself
Take care
Sadie x

3 Likes

Hi , I feel exactly the same I met back up with Tony March 2020 after being childhood sweethearts in 75/76 this was just before lock down and we spent best part of that year together 24/7 and know I feel like I’m being punished for us being so happy I’ve never known love or feelings like it and now just pain and emptiness xx

1 Like

I feel as though it is a punishment to have to stay here without my wonderful husband. Put it this way, apart from my kids being safe there is nothing else that could happen that would be worse.

2 Likes

I totally understand and agreed, I remember losing my brother my mum and dad, I was a Carer for my mum and very close to her but I cannot compare the grief, pain, and helplessness that I feel now , it’s physical pain , I say one day at a time but some days are just harder than others , I talk , I go on a bereavement walk once a week with ladies snd we talk about everything and nothing, I try to read and watch funny programs on Telly , some days it helps other days nothing helps and I just sit crying xc

1 Like

I try to get through one day at a time but each day seems so long. Days were too short when he was here with me. Now I dread how many days I will have to get through

3 Likes

Debbie29
What a good idea a bereavement walk!! I wished we had something like this where I live
Sadie c

2 Likes

Hi.
Contact cruse and ask , I’m on the waiting list for a counselor but obviously a long wait , they have these walk groups set up
In most areas so give them a call xx
I’ve meet some lovely ladies whom have been thru and still going thru the same as us, it’s good to talk and share experiences and share a few coping mechanisms they may help xx

2 Likes

the price for love is pain. Deep love comes with deep pain.

1 Like

Yes- grief is part of love, we grieve because we love
I know that but is hardly any comfort
Sadie