Bereavement

My husband suddenly passed away before New Year. Still in a state of shock. We had been married just over 40 years. Trying to keep busy. Have good days and bad days. Any advice to gradually move on to new chaptervof life.

1 Like

Hi Giraffe, welcome to this site, I’m sure you find everybody really supportive, I to lost my husband just after our 40th wedding anniversary, I’m now 10 years down the track, the first year was very difficult, I kept myself so busy, just to stop thinking about what had happened, you have to face up to it eventually, it has gradually got easier, I’m surrounded by good friends and family, one piece of advice I was given was to accept all invitations that came my way, it was difficult but I tried, and usually I enjoyed it when I got there, just take a day at a time and don’t be hard on yourself, sending hugs Jude xx

2 Likes

Hi
Lost my husband in sept. It’s difficult but I just try and keep busy and always try and go out at some point every day even if it’s just for a walk. The advice to accept invitations is good too even if it so hard to get there sometimes. It’s a long road and we have to be patient with ourselves. Look after yourself xx

2 Likes

Thank you. It has ben hard. I also try to keep busy. I cannot go out on my own yet and I do not drive. Friends and family have been supportive and have taken me out. Just have to take each day at a time

1 Like