Bereavement

I lost my Mum a few months ago and finding life without her pretty hard, i lost my Dad 15 years ago and because i needed to make sure my Mum was ok at the time i feel like i I didn’t properly grieve him. Now it feels like ive lost them both at the same time.

Dear @Jane07

I apologise you have not had a response to your post. I am sorry for the loss of your mum and dad. Sometimes when we are looking after another parent we do not find time to grieve and it is not until the other parent passes it hits you. This is normal what you are experiencing and you are now grieving the loss of both parents.

I see that you are new to the Community and I would like to share some resources by Sue Ryder which may be of help and support to you at this time until members of the Community come along with further support who have been in a similar situation as yourself.

You can also use the search bar above to connect with members who have Lost their Parents. The support here is amazing and so supportive.

• self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
  • Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
  • Information on the Stages of Grief
  • Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through
  • There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you.

You are not alone, we are all here for you. Please continue to reach out at any time.

Take care.

Pepsi