Bereavement

Hi i lost my mum 10 years ago due to quite a short illness i care for people in my job and also cared for my mum,i struggled at times it was stressful,tireing,and at times a challenge but i got on with it,i miss her so much still and feel so guilty over certain things which wont go away,i tried to take my own life not long after she passed but im still here i suffer with anxiety and depression and feel very alone at times,i never had councilling but feel i need to talk to others who have similar symptons

Hello Shatty,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling . I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You can also speak with your GP about local mental heath support, or use the NHS IAPT scheme to search for psychological therapies in your local area: Find an NHS talking therapies services - NHS

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi