Best advice if you want to help grieving people

I read a wonderful piece of advice yesterday for anyone that wishes to help a grieving person. It says you need just 3 things.

1. Two ears to listen with.
  2. One Butt to sit on.
  3. One mouth to keep shut.

We should all wear badges with this advice. Then we may not get so many stupid comments and useless advice.
Love and light. x

5 Likes

This is the best advice @Jean2 Oh how I wish there was a “Large” button we could wear so the so-called well-meaning folks would think before they speak. I can think of so many I’ve come across in my grief journey, who could use this advice. Thank you for posting this. Xxx

1 Like

Great advice. Unfortunately most people seem to have:

1. Blocked ears
  2. Foot n mouth disease
  3. One butt to speak from

So we can only hope!
thankyou for sharing this x

5 Likes

Has anyone noticed that people ask how you are, but don’t really want your answer? They just seem to want to tell you about all the deaths they, or their friends, or their neighbours
etc have experienced in their lives. I dread bumping into people because I know that they are going to launch into either the death speech or the need to build a new life speech.

1 Like

Wong yes I’ve noticed that. I think its what made me cease contact with people in the real world for 2 wks. All this unwelcome advice and info when we just want someone to truly listen and understand. I liked the way you wrote this thanks .

@Tillwemeetagain I might try “I am still breathing.” Thanks. Hopefully they might not make me endure 10-20 minutes or more of death history!!! Ha ha I will probably have to endure the ins and outs of asthma attacks instead!

2 Likes

hahah Wong @ the asthma attacks comment. you make me laugh. Yes whatever we say they always have something unexpected for us but hopefully that will be shorter…

I notice on rare occasions when I am honest in response to how i am then people keep saying they will “let me get on” after a couple of minutes (with what? killing myself?!) as they can’t wait to hang up. Shame it didn’t work like that on the car insurance people…

2 Likes