Bleak

The remember to breathe is good advice, but I did enter it by mistake…

Hello @Antelope22,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved husband 6 weeks ago after so many years together. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed. I was worried to hear that you are considering suicide. If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling. The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

Or you could make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. Please be aware that GPs and support services may not currently be offering face-to-face appointments, but will usually be offering telephone or online alternatives.

You deserve care and support so please, Antelope22, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,
Eleanor

Please please seek help. I know how you feel but that is not the answer. Massive hugs to you xx

1 Like

Antelope your words really saddens me but most of us on this forum can say that at some time or other we have felt that this world is not one we want to live in. But we don’t really want to take our lives we just want to get away from the life we have been left to deal with.
Whatever life throws at us life is still a precious gift and although you will not register with what any of us is saying at the moment you might come to realise this in time.
Why are you even looking for a future at this early stage of your grief, this will make your pain even worse for you to bear. So take it one day at a time and just try to get through it. Allow yourself to grieve this is important. Don’t hold back those tears, they can be a relief.
My husband fought hard for his life and his strength is now my strength.

5 Likes

I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely husband and I am so sorry you are in so much pain. There are a lot of us on this forum who at some point wish we weren’t here, myself included. I lost my wife suddenly after 56 years married and 59 years together so I understand the feeling of hopelessness stirring through your head at the moment.
6 weeks is no time at all and you must give yourself time to come to terms with these feelings even if it seems impossible right now. Take heed of the wise words from those who have already responded to you.
Please take good care of yourself, much love, AL x

1 Like

Thank you Pattidot, you said what I struggled to say to antelope about your husband fighting hard for his life and his strength is now your strength, my husband fought so hard for 5 years, he wanted to live, I will now live for him however hard that may be. Xx

2 Likes

Thank you for your post Pat. it really resonated with me. It is so true that we don’t want to die, we just want relief from our pain. You also said why look for a future at this point in time. I agree, just slow down and don’t think too far ahead. Your last comment was that your husband fought hard. So did mine, and I too promised myself that his strength would become my strength. There are some good lessons there so thanks for that.