Broken with kids

I lost my partner of 11 years 4 days ago due to an accident at work, he was only 32. We have two girls 5 and 9. I know I should be strong for them but I can’t live without him, he was my rock. Christmas is in 6 weeks and I have no money for the kids presents. He did everything, all the finances, even had amazing present ideas. I am a stay at home mom so can’t even throw myself into work. I’m lost I just want to be with him. It hurts so much I can’t eat or sleep I just cry and worry all the time thinking of the future. How am I supposed to keep going?

2 Likes

Sending you love and a massive hug…:heart::pensive:xx

Dear @Emmaloo I am so sorry that you lost your husband in tragic circumstances and can’t begin to imagine how you must be feeling. nobody can take your pain away but if you ring the dwp you could be eligible for widows benefit and other financial support that would help take some of that stress away . The national bereavement service should be able to offer some advice.
Sending you a hug and I hope you get the help you need
Jen x

1 Like

Sending you hugs so sorry annie

Hello @Emmaloo,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I’m glad you have found us, but I am so sorry for the loss of your partner that brings you here. I hope you find the community to be a support to you.

I’m sure the community will be able to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Another good place to get support is:

-Winston’s Wish http://www.winstonswish.org.uk/ - for bereaved children and their families. (Online Community members should be 18 or over, but may be looking for advice on how to support children in their family with a loss): 08452 03 04 05

which you might find helpful.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi I feel your pain there is help out there. Are you on universal credit if so you can get help. You can get a bereavement payment and also help with funeral cost ect.
I would look online or maybe go to your local citizen advice.
I lost my husband on the 11th October and have 5 children he passed away suddenly with a brain aneurism. It’s so hard but Just know your not alone. I. So glad I found this group. Sending big hugs and kisses xx

Thank you for your advice, I will look into it. I just need it to stop hurting x

1 Like

My darling I’m 5 weeks today my madness started and I feel still very confused,washing machine head and still can’t believe it’s real. My advice is take each day as it comes and don’t make to many plans a head. Sending biggest hugs and kisses xx

1 Like