Brokenhearted

Hi everyone, do any of u feel ur grief is consuming u from the inside? I lost my mum before Xmas and devastated doesn’t even come close. Some days I’m tearful other days (like today) I feel I couldn’t cry if I tried but the heartache is strangling me and stifling me x

6 Likes

Yes some days I can cope then other days I can’t get out of bed where I’m completely overwhelmed with grief and feeling like I can’t take on the world. I miss my mum so much

3 Likes

Every single day. I can’t handle this pain anymore.

2 Likes

It’s so awful isn’t it. Get up each day and if that’s all you do then that’s ok

3 Likes

Same here. I feel like I’m screaming and no one can hear me. I miss my mum every second of the day

4 Likes

Just want to echo everyone here…some days I can function but agree that she’s in my mind every second of every day x

2 Likes

I hope you’re all ok. It would be good to all keep in touch and support each other. Let me know if you’re up for it

4 Likes

Absolutely huni. Like a wee WhatsApp group or something? X

1 Like

Yes I don’t know how to set up a group on here tho!

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind me joining your message girls but yeah I think like a what’s app group would be great! Xx

3 Likes

Yeah, like most of you have said, dragging myself out of bed, to let my dog out in back garden to do toilet, then when he comes. I end up back in bedfor another 3-4hrs and let him out again and again. I feel people judge me at times doing this, but having knowing my wife half of my life, yes depression is a shit illness. Because you don’t have a bandage or plaster, it’s seen as this ‘kid on’ stupid problem, not illness.

3 Likes

New day today, hope you’re all ok. Remember to take little steps. Grief is overwhelming at times. I find it good to write a diary

2 Likes

I’m keen to join a WhatsApp group

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind joining a watsapp group

3 Likes

I wonder if we can set up a sub group on here, I’ll ask the moderators

2 Likes

The guidelines say not to share any personal info so we need to support each other on this platform

3 Likes

I’ve just joined today .I lost my mum on 1st March I’m apsolutley heart broken after 2 half years fighting cancer she sadly passed away with myself dad and brother with her at the hospice.I talk to her all the time if that doesnt sound to mad .I’m devastated .Does anyone else do this

4 Likes

Hi @sammiseal123, I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum, my heart goes out to you :heart: I lost my dad 5 years ago to lung cancer he passed away at home where he wanted to be with my mum, myself and my sisters. Although it has been 5 years it doesn’t make it any easier and I talk to my dad all the time so you are not alone in all of this and it’s completely normal and I think others would agree? @Lou5 @tulip xxxx

1 Like

I have my mums ashes at home as not ready to scatter them at the moment so I talk to mum all the time. I always wish mum goodnight. Your not alone. I’m so sorry for your loss

4 Likes

Hi
I lost my mum on 4th Feb, we laid her to rest last Friday. I talk to her and listen to old voice notes which helps me to cope.

3 Likes