Building relationships after a loss.

After losing my twin brorther a few months ago, it is needless to say nothing has really been the same, however aside from the more common grief experiences, am often finiding myslef wondering if in a midst of my loss I am not neglecting my partner.

My partner is wondeful but perhaps i find it difficult to open about how i feel, especially on the days where i need more support that usual. I feel like after this loss a bit of me is missing and without trying to be selfish it does feel like we are growing apart.

So I guess I am wondering if people have experienced this and how to move past it whilst maintaining the connection with my other half.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

2 Likes

Hello @Liga,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your twin brother and your struggles since then. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex