Can’t come to terms with life without mum

I lost my mum 5yrs ago and since then I’ve struggled to cope, my mum was my everything and emotionally I relied on on her, I never did anything without running by her first. Even though I knew she was terminally ill a long time before she passed it wasn’t any easier to get to grips with when she passed. Still bogged down in grief my brother was killed in an accident 2yrs ago which hasn’t really sunk in and now my dad has passed too in exactly the same way as my mum. I’ve lost my whole childhood family, I feel so lost and so alone, I have grown up children but no friends and have become very isolated and unable to leave the house without one of my children. I just can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel, I miss them all so much and cry on a daily basis, I’m so tired please somebody tell me when I’m going to feel better as I’ve been like this for over 5yrs and with each loss I’m got deeper into my grief it’s affecting my whole life xx

You’ve been through so much, I just wanted to send you a hug and say I’m so sorry for your losses. Sorry I can’t tell you when it gets better because I only just lost my dad and I still feel lost a lot of the time, or numb. I hope you feel better soon, big hugs xxx

Hi im so sorry for your horrendous losses my loss is very different from yourself im the same can’t leave the house crippling anxiety and heartbreakon destroyed mentally and physically thinking of what has happened your in my thoughts take care as much as possible Adele x

Hi there I know How You feel my mum gained her wings last July and within 24 hours of being admitted to hospital .I was her fulltime carer and miss her like mad .but I promised her I would be strong .it’s hard but I have too.but easier said than done .me and my wife asked if we could stay with my mum that night in hospital. But hospital said we have to come back in morning and have to think of the other patients .so we went home .next morning I got a phone call saying my mum passed away an hour ago .so they couldn’t even call me straight away as they had an emergency in the ward .I was so angry and upset .so had a meeting and got every apology going from them .helped but I still get anxious when I think about it .I’m sure one day we will learn to live with our loss of our mother

Hi Fiona, sorry for late reply it was my Dads funeral this week so not been coping particularly well. Sends you a hug back I guess all we can do is take one step at a time and hope things improve with time xxx

Thank you Adele for your kind words and it’s kind of comforting to know I’m not alone in how grief has affected me, it really is so lonely being like this and makes me feel like a fruitcake most days xx

Oh Rich I’m so sorry that is horrendous and so insensitive of the ward. My Dad just died alone in hospital he had a suspicious nasty big bruise on his forehead too. My mum on the other hand had a very different passing, she passed in a hospice surrounding by all her family, they were so nice to us they gave us a room to sleep and shower in and even made us tea and toast to keep us going, I really can’t praise them enough. I guess hospitals are over stretched and haven’t got time for a caring attitude towards both the patient and their family which is so sad it shouldn’t be this way and sadly I will never really know what happened when my dad passed away or how the bruise appeared on his head so I really sympathise with you on your experiences with your mums passing xxx