Can’t cope

Hi… I don’t know what to do … my partner of 15 years
Lost his fight on Sunday … he had a heart attack and they done surgery but he never came back …
we have 2 girls aged 10 & 12 who just want there daddy !! The pain is horrendous for me , I have never known pain like this . Our daughters just want daddy and I can’t help them :frowning: I don’t know how to help them … I cuddle them , talk to them , keep them busy but nothing is working there just so angry as well . I just want to be with him :frowning::broken_heart:

5 Likes

Hi, so sorry for your terrible loss. You are doing well just to get through every day. You are having to be strong for your children which isn’t easy. If you have friends or relatives that can help you , take them up on any offers. This is a very supportive site where you can let out your feelings rather than having to be brave for your children. Tackle 1 hour at a time and remember people on this site will support you.

1 Like

That is so unbelievably sad . Please take all the help you can for your children. If friends will help as they can give them some normality whilst you deal with your own grief . It is such early days you can only take an hour at a time . Practical help is all at this time so I hope you have that in abundance .
Look after yourself and I know you don’t want to be here any more but you ARE and thank God as your children need your presence so much now :cry::pray:

2 Likes

Hello Min1,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. It sounds like you are feeling really overwhelmed right now, and it’s very raw for you and your girls. Please know the community is here for you, you don’t have to do this alone.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like

It’s too early and you still need to mourn. Nothing and no one can say anything to make you feel better. I am really sorry for your great loss. I lost my husband 8 months and 10 days today, Stay safe my dearest🙏

1 Like

I’m really sorry for your loss. You will all be in shock of what’s happened at the minute. Everything is so raw and incomprehensible in the first few weeks. Just focus on the hour ahead of you and take all help that is offered. You will think that you can’t get through it but you will.
I’m 14 weeks into this journey after my partner died from a heart attack. The pain is still there but not as all consuming as in the early days.
This forum really helped me so keep reading and posting as you need x

4 Likes