Can't cope..

My wife of 25 years died of cancer on the 1st of October, after 3 years of treatment the end came so suddenly, just can’t accept it, can’t stop crying, can’t sleep without a drink, can’t watch our TV programmes,… everything just seems pointless…she died the day we were supposed to be going on holiday,all she used to say was " can’t wait for the 1st of October "…she was my everything… just can’t cope.

5 Likes

I’m so so sorry my husband passed away 11th November 2020 can’t say life gets easier but you learn to cope annie take care

1 Like

So sorry to hear that, don’t think al ever get over it, you take care too…

2 Likes

Arthurfen
I know how you feel I lost my husband in August and his funeral was on the day we should have gone to Devon. I cannot cope with all the heartache I miss him so much we had been together for nearly 30years now I’m on my own.
House is not a home any more just somewhere to try and sleep. I wake in mornings and it’s so silent I hate this new life. I don’t know how I’m going to get though Xmas I just want to stay under duvet till its over. I have no family left and friends have deserted me since funeral I have never felt so alone and desperate in my life if my husband could see me now he would be horrified. No one understands unless they to are going though this nightmare . I to cry all the time nointerest in anything wish I could go back.

2 Likes

Hi Arthurfen. I am with you. My husband died on 10th November and I am devastated. Like you I can’t even watch tv programmes we used to enjoy together. Tonight is the first time I have really had to cope with being on my own and I am crying and feel panicky. However I am glad I found this site as it is helping that other ps are experiencing the same sort of emotions

5 Likes

That is exactly, exactly how I feel…open a cupboard,drawer and there’s something that reminds me and a just cry…and I agree everyone who said they would be there suddenly aren’t,… she was my everything and now I have nothing…I don’t know what to say to you because I know nothing helps me, but you have my best wishes and fingers crossed for something better… somehow…

2 Likes

Arthur, first, pleased you have joined us and I hope you get some relief knowing that you are not alone on this horrible journey. What you are experiencing at present is normal but at the time that’s little comfort. When we loss that special person, whether we have been told it may happen or out of the blue our heart is broken and like all damage done to the body or mind it takes time to heal or partly heal. Don’t rush, little baby steps and little by little the realisation that you have a new life and some how have to cope dawns. Take extra care because at present you are very vulnerable to everything. Everyone on here has been or still are suffering from our loss. Please look after yourself Sxxx

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words,x