Can't say the words

Anyone else find it hard to say out loud my husband is dead. I can write the words but if someone speaks to me my a mess crying and feeling anxious . It seems it makes it more real if I talk about it sounds silly but that’s all I can put it down to.

4 Likes

it’s too hard to say my wife is dead. It’s just too much heartache. It’s been 9 months I still find it hard to look at her videos and text messages.

2 Likes

Like you I find it very hard to look at videos and photos of my husband.
He looks so happy and well in them all. How can they be with you one minute and gone the next.

Dee xxx

3 Likes

My husband may have died but he’s not dead…

3 Likes

It’s when I’ve had to phone someone,can’t explain what’s happened to my husband just break down even after 10 weeks don’t want to say it,makes it to real,I feel so vulnerable now anxious all the time

It’s good we can express ourselves on here

Take care everyone

Christine x

1 Like

every bit of me cries out it can’t be true; it’s 32 years that we have been together: my mind and body just can’t accept that she’s not here. The world looks the same, feel the same, smell the same, how can it be that she’s gone forever?

3 Likes

I saw it because it is cold and empty and that is how I feel. I cannot say ‘passed away’ as it seems to gentle for how I feel. It does make me cry though, everytime I have to say it. I won’t say I am widowed, I will always be married x

3 Likes

I will never use the ‘W’ word. I met and fell in love with the only man I ever wanted in 1979 only to loose him when we should have been looking forward to enjoying retirement together. But I will always be married to him. Just have to try and survive each day without him until we are reunited. Take care all.

2 Likes

I agree, I hate that word. I am married, my husband may be dead, but that doesn’t stop me being married.

1 Like