Cards

I have just spent 1 hour 58 mins on the phone to try and sort out the electricity / gas - also was on the phone to them a couple of weeks ago - the amount of admin is crazy and we just had the normal amount of bills!
I am doing about 2 hours a day but at least between that / walking the dog / dealing with a teen i am kept busy, which is good.
Yesterday I wanted to stay in bed (after walking the dog) but my teen got upset that I wouldn’t get up again so I did get up.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I hope you’re all doing OK.
Re my unhingedness, I decided last week to contact the police and find out if they still had Martin’s clothes, specifically that rainbow fleece. It’s been playing on my mind for the past 13 weeks and daft though it seems its one of these things that has just always been with us through our whole 22 years. And so today I collected it from the police station. It’s cut in two and covered in woodland debris and has a faint wife of his deodorant and aftershave which I know won’t last but it feels like I have a wee bit of him here.

3 Likes

Hello so glad you were able to pick up Martins clothes you wouldn’t have been able to get them out of your mind.These precious things mean alot.I still have a bottle of OLD SPICE after shave my husband was using over 11 years now since he died .Along side it 1889 after shave my son used.I just love smelling them.Just sang Happy Birthday to my son 52 today 9th his first birthday since he passed.It still all seems so unreal.But these little reminders I feel makes them closer.Love to all xxx

3 Likes

Glad you got back Martin’s fleece x

2 Likes

I kept our family cards up and to show I’m not all the ticket, I have put up also the last birthday, valentine & wedding anniversary cards we sent to each other. We also celebrated the day we first met (3rd December, 1966) so those 2 cards are there also.
Reading them is emotional but gives me the link I need right now. I love looking at them before tears make me just stop reading.

Whatever helps you is good, all the other cards are down apart from these special precious ones.

Whatever you do will be right for you. There are no hard and fast rules. Bereavement is hard enough without putting “more loads on our own backs”.

In my thoughts & prayers,

John (and marian) x

2 Likes