changes without loved ones

I am going through a big life change and I am having a meltdown.

Without the love and support of parents, only child, single, I seek support.

I was offered a proper job in my field in a new town. I must move to a new city.
I am very sad suddenly. I was freelancing but not getting very far with it.
When my dad died, I sold the house and took my mother to live in a retirement community so we would not suffer alone. I wanted to do what I could to help her.
My life is a miserable disaster though I am very good at the work I do.

I am having a crisis about returning to work full-time. I must reestablish my career … but it means little to me without love.

Also, the US is a tech mess and I am non-tech. I am a writer. I am happy interviewing people writing a story and mailing it in. All I can take at this point in my life.

All I seek are similar stories, supportive words. I am almost not taking the job I am so stressed out. I wake up suicidal. I think I am suicidal.

I was happy to be again a professional but I struggle now to deal with corporate America. it is a bear. I am so accustomed to being my little world where I write. This is a media job, my old dream. After my parents died, I could give a damn.

I want to run away to Norway where my mom is from and live in a hut and write. Their loss somehow is really coming alive right now and I am feeling so freaked out.

Anyone with insight to share to help steady me is appreciated. I am becoming angry whereas before I was just always mildly depressed.
I do write Samaritans and talk to friends.

Hi @berit,

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. I’m hearing how painful this is all feeling and I want you to know that you’re not alone. There’s always someone out there to help you through this.

If you do feel these suicidal thoughts or feelings get too much, you can reach out to one of the following organisations who are always just a call or text away anytime you would like someone to talk to:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline here.

If you’re interested in counselling, we offer free sessions at Sue Ryder. You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. We have also recently launched a Grief Self-Help Service, which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, please visit selfhelp.sueryder.org.

You deserve this support, please do keep reaching out.

Take care,

Becca
Online Community Team

Hi,

It will certainly be a big change & most of us do not like change, the panic that you are feeling is perfectly normal.

You said this job was a dream once also try and think what your parents would say?

Maybe this job has come along just at the right time? It will give you a focus? A future? A reason to go on?

You wouldn’t feel normal if you weren’t apprehensive, go for it, what’s the worst that can happen? It doesn’t work out & you do something else?

1 Like

great advice!

you point out the positive where I am always thinking negatively.

I will reread your message. thank you so much for considering my situation and writing.

1 Like