Christmas so painful

Hi I am sorry fo your loss. I lost the love of my life on the 1st July this year from sepsis this has been the worst Christmas I have ever had I miss Debbie so much we was getting married on the 5th March next year. I cry very day I just don’t know how I am going to get over losing Debbie. So I do know what you are going through it’s hell for all of us. I wish you a happy new year. Simon.

Hi Jayne, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my lovely husband one month ago today and, like you, I am devastated. I have not moved any of his things and have no intention of doing so at the moment. I have 1 son and 6 step-children and they have all been brilliant. The 2 youngest ones still live at home, although one is moving out shortly. George had not managed to sleep upstairs for the last 11 weeks of his life due to pains in his back, and I slept on the sofa to be near him. I think that made returning to our bedroom a bit easier. I also have his ashes in the bedroom and that has been a huge comfort to me. George died within 6 weeks of being diagnosed from cancer and the end was unexpected, although I realised how very poorly he was. It was still a huge shock though, and I cannot believe how painful it is. I can only go by what others who have been through similar experiences say and that is the pain and hurt does not go away, you just learn to cope with it better. I really hope they are right. Take care xx

1 Like